[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 yrs and still no local HD channels

Randall

My "locals" come from another state(Minnesota) because I live in a small town and that station is closer than those in my home state.

I pay for all the HD I can get but they have been stalling for years saying hang on we'll get your locals.

Now they tell me get an outside antenna. It's 85 miles away.

They won't allow me any other station unless I get station permission which they won't give me.

So is there any way to make Directv allow me stations in my home state? Nothing I have done works even going to congress.

Cable doesn't have NFL Network.

I thought this was the country of choice.

Any ideas out there?

My "locals" come from another state(Minnesota) because I live in a small town and that station is closer than those in my home state.

I pay for all the HD I can get but they have been stalling for years saying hang on we'll get your locals.

They won't allow me any other station unless I get station permission which they won't give me.

So is there any way to make Directv allow me stations in my home state? Nothing I have done works even going to congress.

Any ideas out there?

I have a buddy who lives in Sioux Falls, SD... has been getting the Minneapolis local channels for years through DirecTV because he tells them that's where he lives. Not sure how exactly he did that, in terms of setting up installation, etc., but they haven't given him any hassle about it. I can find out for you if you need more details. PM me if you want, and I'll get in touch with him.

Any ideas out there?

I thought you liked regulation, what are griping about?

I have a buddy who lives in Sioux Falls, SD... has been getting the Minneapolis local channels for years through DirecTV because he tells them that's where he lives. Not sure how exactly he did that, in terms of setting up installation, etc., but they haven't given him any hassle about it. I can find out for you if you need more details. PM me if you want, and I'll get in touch with him.

I tried that. They wouldn't buy it. Minneapolis would be better than Duluth. Give me that.

I like rules but rules with no choice seem un-american to me. I mean we do have more than 1 restaurant up here.

This has to be because Cable was fighting Direcrtv's access to local channels and they probably fought any choice in congress.

Anyone else have any numbers at Directv to get choice? I can't see moving to get HD channels is a solution.

Edited by Randall