[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos Defense

MTSuper7

I haven't been able to watch anything but highlights of the Broncos so far this season, but giving up a total of 13 points in two games is pretty darn good. They also seem to be getting decent sack totals and are creating turnovers. But they've also played Cleveland and Cincinnati, so I'm not sure what to think about them yet. They play Oakland this weekend, so if they do well again, it won't be surprising, but it also won't tell us much either. What say you, huddlers (and particularly Bronco homers)?

I'm a Broncos fan but I live in Tampa so no local insight here. While I think it's too early to start talking about playoffs or even a winning season, I think Denver's play, especially on defense, has raised a few eyebrows around the league. Also, I wouldn't discount their defense against the Cinci team that put up 31 points on the Packers. And Cleveland put up 20 points on Minnesota.

The true test will start in week four though, I think. They've got a brutal schedule against Dallas, New England, @ San Diego, @ Baltimore, then vs. Pitt. If the defense can get through Dallas, NE, and San Diego, I think you can call them for real.

Edited by Pkillebr

Way too early to make judgments.

CIN let them off the hook with some atrocious play calling and failing to stick the knife in & twist. CLE's O looks terrible. OAK doesn't figure to do much on O - Russell is looking like a bust of hugh magnitude.

After that, DEN will start playing conetenders who will pound them relentlessly. Stats-wise, I think they'll end up around D20-D25, but that will be because you're going to see some teams run the ball relentlessly against them, which means large ToPs in favor of opponents, but not hugh yards. There's no reason to throw the ball a ton when you don't have to score a lot to beat DEN and the run D can be exploited all game. That'll keep their stats down on yards and probably opponent scoring also.