[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PC Game Question... Video card help

digitaldan21

Ok, I got the game as a gift from my fiance, but I don't think my current pc will run it, due to the video card requirement...

Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System:

Windows XP or Vista

Processor:

2.6+GHZ Intel or 2.4+GHZ AMD

Memory:

2 Gigabyte Ram

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or higher.

ATI X1800 XL series or higher

Hard Drive Space:

12 Gigabytes

Sound Card:

DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers – 5.1 sound card recommended

Line by line...

Vista

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4ghz

5gb RAM

INTEL G33/31 video card

Almost 100gb of HDD space

RealTek HD Audio?? I dunno, I've never heard of audio not working but I guess it has a minimum. I use a speaker mounted underneath my monitor

I got the PC last summer (2008) from Dell, so it's not very old, if I need a video card are there any recommendations?

I'd rather not return the game so as to avoid hurt feelings, and I because it looks pretty cool. :wacko:

Thanks for any help. :D

-DD21

*Also if there is any info you need to provide a useful answer please let me know, I'll do my best to post it up here, I'm not too PC savvy so I don't know if there is anything else needed.

Edited by digitaldan21

Have you even tried running the game? I'd bet that the video you currently have is enough to run the game. The NVIDIA card they spec is several yearrs old, I know because I just bought one and it is the best I could put in my machine which is several years old. I believe you should be fine.

Its not like your comp will be hurt by installing. A lot of software actually checks your machine before installing to see if it is compatible. But opening the software up may make it nonreturnable.

Does you comp have a PCI express expansion slot? If so, go ahead and install it. Worst case scenario is you go buy a 7900 gt vid card (or higher) for about 50 bucks.

All other specs look OK to me. For sound, you won't be able to hear the surround sound effects, but the game will play just fine.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Usually what they recommended is a little above what it would require to run the game at full res with no issues. I'd go ahead & install it and start off with the default graphic settings. If it's unplayable then try toning them down a bit. If you end up having to buy a new card then the first thing you want to do is what Doggy suggested & check out what type of expansion slots you have for your card. You'll have a lot more options if you have an express slot. If you do end up buying a new card then New Egg is your friend. You can get a better card than the one suggested for around $100 & a comparable for around $60.

It did not work. :wacko:

I went to Newegg and got a Radeon 4650 for $35 after rebate.

Video Card

The guy at tech support was very helpful, with the game, and directed me to a site call video card hierarchy, had all the cards ranked out, this one seemed pretty high.

Thanks for the help guys

-DD21