[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SHOULD I DROP CELEK OR GO WITHOUT A TE THIS WEEK?

Muriel23

QB - Farve, Palmer

RB - PT, Donald Brown, Willie Parker, DeAngelo Williams

WR - Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Pierre Garcon, D Jax, Marshall, Breaston, Gonzalez

TE - Brent Celek

K - Bironas

DEF - Cinci

I'm 1 and 2 thus far, and facing another 1 and 2 team this week. I really don't want to drop any of my team, but I need a TE for Celek who is on a bye.

I thought of just going without one but I'd rather not gamble on another loss. I also thought of dropping Celek on Saturday night, picking up a filler, then dropping the filler Monday and trying to buy Celek back up off the waiver (we do waiver auctions).

What do you guys think?

Do some kind of trade, because if you have that much WR talent, someone else is lacking it probably.

Or just drop Gonz. He's worth holding on to if ur light at WR or have the roster spot for him, but he won't be back for 3 weeks, right? Especially if you have other bye spots to fill, you might as well drop him now to the vultures, as you're absolutely stacked at WR.

But I'd personally turn that depth into a stud where you need one.

Mike D - Yeah I've been trying to trade since the beginning of the season but everyone is too my little buddy to trade. I don't know about dropping Favre or Palmer, especially since it's hard to say which one will be more productive this season so which to keep?

BearBroncos - There isn't a question of who to pick up. I'm sure I can find a decent TE to grab for this week. My dilemma is who if anyone should I drop.

I've been trying to trade WR's to upgrade QB or RB but I just can't get anyone to bite. I don't think I'm sending lowball offers either. People are just too timid to trade.

I think I might drop Breaston to grab a FA TE. I agree with Big Mac, Celek is too valuable to drop right now.

The fundamental question is whether this is a dynasty or re-draft league....

If this is dynasty I have no particular problem with you eating the TE position for one week to keep your team intact

If this is re-draft you drop Breaston (who's on bye this week mitigating the chance anyone picks him up, plus he's struggling, plus the Cardinals offense is struggling, all that equals he'll still be there next week)....and pick up the best available TE

At 1-2 in a redraft you can't afford to take the TE position off for a week

Best of Luck,

WashD

Either way, I certainly wouldn't drop Palmer and rely on Favre's shoulder to stay intact all year. Really though, you should probably be fine playing them both according to matchup.

I really don't see why your so insistent to hold on to Gonz when you have so much talent. Who knows if he will play at %100 when he gets back or they even want to test him in his first games back. By then the 6-4 Hank Baskett will be ready, and both Garcon and Collie could be solid starters, not to mention Wayne and Clark. So there's no guarantees Gonz will be #2 or even still be a favorite target for Manning.

Drop Garcon or Gonzalez for another TE

Even better idea! If you're that sold on Gonz, then drop Pierre. He's not a long term prospect anyway, and you have no nned to start him now. Obviously you have some reason to believe that Gonz is a long-term one (and you certainly could be right), so drop Pierre.

You would get a -15 at TE this week in my league for not having someone to play this week. Drop someone and make the WW move, I would never not try to field a full team every week. This would go double if I was 1-2

If it were me I would drop Breaston to PU another TE.

Breaston has only been iffy sop far, and with Boldin getting stronger and stronger every week he seems less likely of a play. Plus Breaston has only been averaging 7pts a week in standard leagues, and with the other receivers you have, you have plenty to keep you going.

I'm starting Garcon this week.

I haven't even come close to starting Breaston, and as stated, he's on a bye this week so the likelyhood he'll be picked up this week is slim.

Why in HELL would you start Garcon with the stable you have currently? He is your 5th best WR MAYBE. I probably like Breaston better than him as well.

Why in HELL would you start Garcon with the stable you have currently? He is your 5th best WR MAYBE. I probably like Breaston better than him as well.

Exactly. Garcon hasn't seen more than 3 receptions in any game this far. THough he hits those BIG, gambling a week's points is just that.. gambling. I would, however hang onto him to see how the next couple weeks go.

Although, you have A. Johnson vs Oakland (lock) Holmes vs. SD (Lock) but Brandon Marshall vs. Dallas could be iffy...

With BReaston and Jax on Byes, and Gonz INjured, there's not much of an Option...

Garcon could be just as good a start as Marshall.

Edited by nfmmalice

The only other possible WR I could start this week over Garcon is Marshall.

Breaston & D Jax are on bye's and the Holmes and Johnson are already starting.

So it's either Garcon, Marshall or Willie Parker in my Flex spot this week.

Considering Garcon is facing a injury depleted Seattle defense this week (Trufant and Tatupu are out), and Wayne will likely draw a double team, that should give Garcon lots of one on one opportunities.

Marshall on the other hand will be shadowed by Terrance Newman all day long.