[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver Broncos look pretty good

Randall

Kids off limits....dead dad, play ball!

Well I am glad to see that at 8:57 CDT on October 4th, 2009 we agreed on something. We can always look back at this time.

I don't understand the childish behavior of a lot of people on this board. It's just an opinion by another person. We can strongly disagree all we want, but the personal attacks that go on here are more than I have ever seen anywhere. It's a rough forum and if anyone wants it to ever be taken seriously by anyone then they're going to have to take personal responsibility for their own actions. When I first got here, I respected everyone. It's hard to find anyone here worth respecting and it is the flow of the board to be disrespectful. I think a lot of people have much more to offer here, including myself.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that orton vs romo suck-off was tough to watch at times, but....this defense is for real. they are fundamentally sound, aggressive, very well coached, and fun to watch. they did a really great job today.

the offense is complete crap, despite having some world class talent and a top-5-in-the-league OL. garbage scheme and a garbage QB.

first post had it right, they shoulda just hired nolan as the HC. we'd still have a pro-bowl QB and the defensive improvement would make them a team to really be reckoned with.

that orton vs romo suck-off was tough to watch at times, but....this defense is for real. they are fundamentally sound, aggressive, very well coached, and fun to watch. they did a really great job today.

the offense is complete crap, despite having some world class talent and a top-5-in-the-league OL. garbage scheme and a garbage QB.

first post had it right, they shoulda just hired nolan as the HC. we'd still have a pro-bowl QB and the defensive improvement would make them a team to really be reckoned with.

+1, and thanks for getting this thread back on point. I don't care if Shortynaz thinks Denver is the worst 4-0 team in league history, we're still two games up on the Chargers!!!!!!

Interesting that Romo is getting beat up after that game so much. Don't get me wrong, he deserves it, but Orton was just as bad most of the game. Especially in the 1st half. Plenty of open receivers and just couldn't hit anyone. The penalty's in the first half by Denver were completely ridiculous. It's like the team was just over hyped going into the game. So many stupid penalty's otherwise I think Denver wins this game by at least 10 points.

Denver IMO was clearly the better team yesterday even though the score doesn't say so. Why the linebacker didn't just kill the WR coming across the middle late in the 4th is beyond me.

If Denver thinks they have a chance next week playing like that they are very mistaken. Brady will not be as bad as Romo, not even close. Denver is going to have to fix the protection issues and stop all of the penalty's. Orton is going to have to find some accuracy somewhere in order to keep Brady off the field. I expected Denver to beat Dallas, but I don't think they beat NE in NE.

But I have to give Orton some room. At least he has some what of an excuse with his bone shooting out of his finger.

THis was the first game he played without the plastic brace on his injured finger, but still with the glove to protect the stitches.

Not excusing Ortons performance, just saying he had more of an excuse than Romo did.

But I have to give Orton some room. At least he has some what of an excuse with his bone shooting out of his finger.

THis was the first game he played without the plastic brace on his injured finger, but still with the glove to protect the stitches.

Not excusing Ortons performance, just saying he had more of an excuse than Romo did.

No doubt, and he seemed to play better as did the entire offense in the second half. Just saying that they are going to have to improve dramatically to stay with or beat NE. Denver's O has to stay on the field for long drives ending in points. Not that NE is the offensive powerhouse they were 2 years ago, but they could be if given the opportunity.

. It's hard to find anyone here worth respecting .

It is comments like that that are truly ridiculous.

i get into heated arguments with posters here at lot. But just because their points of view are different does NOT mean they havent earned/deserve respect.

Very childish comment.

BTW, the Denver defense looks great, no matter who they have played.

Penalties -- I agree that there were too many and most were good calls, but I still take exception to that Scheffler OPI. That was garbage.

Orton was certainly off, but he had a 69% completion rate with 0 INT and Romo was 59.5% with 1 INT. Did Orton make some horrible throws? Sure, but (especially) the long balls were thrown so that only his guy could get it. Orton is focused on avoiding INTs and I complete approve.

I find it just a little funny that he completed 69% and is getting ripped. I know, I know, stats can be deceiving and Orton can and should play better than that, but seriously, 69% is awesome.

I agree about Orton. He is doing just fine. I'll take 69% with no INTs all day even if it isn't flashy.

Penalties -- I agree that there were too many and most were good calls, but I still take exception to that Scheffler OPI. That was garbage.

Orton was certainly off, but he had a 69% completion rate with 0 INT and Romo was 59.5% with 1 INT. Did Orton make some horrible throws? Sure, but (especially) the long balls were thrown so that only his guy could get it. Orton is focused on avoiding INTs and I complete approve.

I find it just a little funny that he completed 69% and is getting ripped. I know, I know, stats can be deceiving and Orton can and should play better than that, but seriously, 69% is awesome.

Actually didn't realize he completed 69%. Your right, I'll take that all day. It just seemed that in the first half he had a number of receivers open and just wiffed. Especially Gafney coming across the middle.

They are still going to have to sustain drives to keep NE off the field and that first half performance overall has got to improve.