[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Dispute

GReatONE

First off, I agree with all who think this is about as lame a way to do waivers as there is. Further, it is made lamer still by the fact that it is apparently not set up by the computer, but rather some agreement you all have, making it more random still. If you're going to have some time sensitive waiver deal, it needs to be automated. Like others have said, the website should have refused his attempt to pick the player up because it was outside the window.

However, all that said, the league website's clock must trump all other clocks. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? 5:58? 5:57? I mean, 6am is 6am. So, as long as you guys are going to use this lame, half-assed manner to handle waiver moves, you have to at least stick to the league clock.

This really isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. I'm in a pay league that has the same kind of rule regarding waivers at 6:00 PM on Tuesday. There is no way to lock the system until that time, but the time stamp is the end all be all. It happens rarely, but if someone is picked up early, then he goes back into the pool free for anyone else to pick up. It's not anyone job to make sure everyone's computer has the correct time. If he picked up the player early, then that's his problem. He needs to fix is clock and the player goes back into the free agent pool. End of story.

In 10 years with this stupid rule in place, these guys have never had any issues. It just gives them some ammo to give someone a hard time.

And if the website was suppose to enforce the 6:00 rule but for some reason didn't, what then? If the league rules say 6:00 AM and the site was in error letting it happen, the case isn't closed.

If the system does not lock out players from entering FCFS prior to the set time how do you blaim the owner? He made a legit attempt to get him at 6AM. What if the league clock isnt readily available to see wha time it is?

There is no right answer here, the league and the rules and the system are total BS.

I'd be pissed if I was the guy that got him 5:59AM and be pissed if I was the guy who tried at 6AM.

6am might just be the time agreed to among the league owners but may not be the time that was programmed in to the league host

We used to have that same rule, same thing happened, the team was awarded the player with a clock of 7:59:46. Website's snafu, luck of the draw/ticketmaster/atomic clock. Boo-hoo. Deal with it, quit crying, should have gone out on a limb and picked him up last week like the rest of our league did. Tell your commish to instill some sort of order or bid process.