[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF worst broadcast team ever?

bikinijack

Great team.

Agree with this but........

I hate how they keep trying to crowbar a third guy in the booth. Keep it at two and stop distracting us from the game with the constant chatter. Less is more.

......two would be better than three.

Still, after years of Miller unfunniness and Kornheiser's general idiocy, Kermit would be an upgrade. Having a decent announcer and two football guys is much better.

I do like the 2-man booth better. The Michaels - Madden and Michaels - Collinsworth Two-man teams are better than the past few three-man booths they've put together on MNF. I actually like the MNF radio team of Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason better than the TV crew. Esiason improved so much after MNF it makes me think if ABC hadn't been so quick to send him packing, we might not have had to deal with all of the musical chairs that followed.

(Although I think Boomer's firing was ABC catering to Al Michaels' ego, if I remember correctly.)

The current crew is the best since MNF moved to ESPN, IMO. Gruden is awesome, he makes me laugh and gives a good insider's point of view. Have never been crazy about Jaws but he's not unbearable. Kornhole was unbearable.

My favorite by far was Al, Frank and Dan.

Sorry, Gruden is a tremendous improvement over Kornheiser.

No Chit.I like Jaws but as an announcer he sounds like PR man for every player.

Jaws relax ...the game is fine without hyping the players.

He seems to try and make the games more entertaining. They are fine as they are. Football is a great game.

I may be the only one bothered by Jaws but I wish he'd tone it down.

Gruden > Dennis Miller > Tony Kornheiser.

At least with Dennis Miller, you couldn't predict where he was going with his ridiculous analogies where he would somehow reference the Spanish armada to describe how the Giants just covered that last punt return. It was weird, but it wasn't unbearable. With Kornheiser, I can't think of a single original thought that escaped his mouth. He regurgitated stories that were tired and had a lot of awkward timing moments with the other guys in the booth. Someone in another thread also made mention of how Kornheiser would always talk about which guys were on his fantasy team which was super annoying.

Gruden does have some verbal tics that are stale (i.e. another thread commented about his "this guy brings _____ to the table" line). But he does have a better grasp of the game (you couldn't even tell the other guys were watching the game with their commentary). It's an improvement.