[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas gives tickets for not speaking English

AtomicCEO

Dozens of tickets issued for not speaking English

Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle said this afternoon that his officers have written at least 39 citations to people over the past three years for not speaking English.

Apologizing publicly to the city's Spanish-speaking community, the chief said all officers and supervisors involved will be investigated for dereliction of duty. All pending citations will be dismissed, and people who paid fines will be reimbursed.

It's not enough that Dallas is consistently one of the fattest dumbest cities in the country... they have to do this stuff too.

let's see she made an illegal u-turn was driving without a liscense because she forgot it at home. yet these charges get dropped because sha also got a ticket for not speaking english. :wacko::D way to go Dallas, did you also drop these same charges for any English speaking drivers that recieved them say within the same week or so. And we wonder why the world is going to shiat

Pending cases will be dismissed, and those who paid the $204 fine for the charge, which does not exist in the city, will be reimbursed, Kunkle said.

If the charge doesn't exist how is there a set fine? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't have that big of problem with it. Don't make illegal U-turns and keep your drivers license on you when you drive like everybody else and you probably won't get a ticket for not speaking English.

I once asked a Tijuana cop for directions to the border. He informed me that I had just come out of a known drug house and the fine was $50.00. SoB never even gave me directions to the border. Every Mexican I tell that story to finds it amusing as I find this one.

let's see she made an illegal u-turn was driving without a liscense because she forgot it at home. yet these charges get dropped because sha also got a ticket for not speaking english. :wacko::D way to go Dallas, did you also drop these same charges for any English speaking drivers that recieved them say within the same week or so. And we wonder why the world is going to shiat

racist.