[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire

Chloroform Rx

Couple questions here.

Is it typical for a FFL to have an all out free-for-all at a set time, say Tuesday morning? I have never played at any another website or in another league, but in my league it is based entirely on LUCK; that being a bunch of people trying to pick up the same guy at the very same time, only one of which comes out on top. This puts people with slow computers at a disadvantage, as well as those who are not synced with CBS Sports timing (another question). Whats worse is sometimes the very best teams are getting the best available player further separating themselves from the pack. If this is not normal can you please make some suggestions so I can bring them to the attention of the commissioner.

With that said the more important question at this point is determining the time for CBS Sports. I know for certain that neither my computer nor my cable box (comcast) are on point with this website. If I were able to pinpoint the strike of the hour it would help me to get first crack at some of the players.

Thanks for your help!

I have played on CBS Sportlins for many years in a 12 team keeper league. The commissioner can set how waivers work. The typical format is that come Sunday all free agents lock. On Tuesday morning the teams are ranked worst to first and that is the waiver order when it runs Wednesday morning. This year, to make it more challenging waiver order does not reset. So this makes you really think about if you want a player, how bad or want to keep improving your waiver spot in case a stud comes out of no where.

I have played on CBS Sportlins for many years in a 12 team keeper league. The commissioner can set how waivers work. The typical format is that come Sunday all free agents lock. On Tuesday morning the teams are ranked worst to first and that is the waiver order when it runs Wednesday morning. This year, to make it more challenging waiver order does not reset. So this makes you really think about if you want a player, how bad or want to keep improving your waiver spot in case a stud comes out of no where.

Mine works the same way except it does reset. I have a Yahoo league that is not quite a free for all but it's darn close. And I hate it. I put up with it last year and it was supposed to be better this year but it feels the same. I'm making them change it next year as it is nonsense that whoever wakes up first on Tuesday gets to pick up the best FA.

As you have seen in the responses, your commissioner can set the waiver process up in Sportsline. The waiver order can be set up to reset each week based on reverse order of standings or based on the prior week's order.

We are still doing FCFS with no waiver process, doesn't excite me due to the "free for all", but our league has never discussed changing this. :wacko:

This morning I decided to get on to grab a player and I got the warning that I was using my commissioner privileges to make the add/drop around 8:52 AM Eastern so I stopped. I was able to do the add/drop a few minutes ago without the warning, so I ASSuME the time that it "unlocks" is around 9:00 AM Eastern.

In the interest of fairness, the leagues I play in use a blind bidding system to handle pick ups until a specified time on wed at which point it becomes first come, first served. I find this method preferable as it 1) gives the FA to the owner that is willing to give up the most(figuratively) to get him and 2) doesnt put owners who dont work in front of a pc/only have one at work/etc at a disadvantage.

one of my leagues is run through sportsline. our commish keeps a running order of priority waiver requests, which ends at 7 pm wednesday (if you pick up a player, your name goes to the bottom of the list). this is done by hand. then at 9 am thursday, FCFS waiver requests begin.

Our league has an auction waiver procedure so we bid on players eBay style on the league's message board. When the auction periiod ends, the GM with the highest bid gets the player. All GMs begin the year with the same amount of auction waiver dollars to bid. Once you've used up your waiver dollars, you can no longer bid but can still pick up players not bid on during the open waiver period.

Here's a trick to get yourself sycn'ed up with the correct time on CBS Sportsline. Just post a message to the Message Board and compare the timestamp shown on the board with the one on your computer. Then you know the delta between your computer and CBS Sportsline.

we have the same system pseudo, in multiple leagues.

Unfortunately "free" sites rarely if ever support auction bidding system for FA. But it is the fairest method and for a few bucks every year I suggest paying for a good website rather than timing a bid to the exact second on a FCFS site.