[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bell or PT this week?

RJV

LOL here we go, I really can't believe its come to this now. Which one of these guys deserves to be active on my roster this week?

My lineup will be

QB Romo

RB Rice

RB Bell or PT

WR Megatron

WR AJ

Flex Driver

TE Shiancoe

Now if Megatron cant go ill start Driver in his spot. Flex i could use Bell or PT here but rather not. Hoping i get Greene on waivers. Rest of team in sig.

Edited by RJV

Not sure this helps but it's some info on the situation at least....I believe it was taken from rotowire but I found it on ESPN. I decided to start both of 'em(thanks to the BYE week).

Thomas can be expected to receive more carries Monday night against Atlanta, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Spin: Thomas received only eight carries Sunday against Miami. On Tuesday, coach Sean Payton admitted that he probably passed the ball too often to start the game. Don't expect Payton to make the same mistake against a Falcons' offense capable of putting up big numbers. Thomas should receive more carries early in the game, but Mike Bell is established as the "closer" for the second half. Thomas is capable, but will have to do more damage earlier in games before Payton brings in Bell's fresh legs.

Not sure this helps but it's some info on the situation at least....I believe it was taken from rotowire but I found it on ESPN. I decided to start both of 'em(thanks to the BYE week).

Thomas can be expected to receive more carries Monday night against Atlanta, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Spin: Thomas received only eight carries Sunday against Miami. On Tuesday, coach Sean Payton admitted that he probably passed the ball too often to start the game. Don't expect Payton to make the same mistake against a Falcons' offense capable of putting up big numbers. Thomas should receive more carries early in the game, but Mike Bell is established as the "closer" for the second half. Thomas is capable, but will have to do more damage earlier in games before Payton brings in Bell's fresh legs.

This is what I was hoping for, at least knowing PT is still the starter. I realize Bell is going to have time carrying the rock but juggling decisions on who to put in for my #2 RB makes it a bit easier.

This seems to me that Payton wants to make sure both RBs are somewhat healthy for the playoff run.

I dont know RJV... Bell has been the better runner as of late, and he gets the important touches. The loss of FB Heath Evens may change the plan of attack in N.O. perhaps going with the tougher Bell punching away inside....be careful there. Also....Driver should be in your line-up already!! How much action do you really believe an injured Megatron is going to get vs. Driver in a much more important game for GB? Good Luck.

Of course \river is in my lineup, that's not the issue. The issue remains with PT or Bell, who does get the most carries or do you just roll the dice and guess?

Right now, I have Bell penciled in.....Our scoring is weighted more on TD's than yardage......If I was a betting man, would gamble that Bell gets a goal line TD, and possibly 50 yards (11 points in my league).....PT would need to get 120 yards to out-score Bell...

Well I am a P-Thomas/Bell owner in 2 of my local leagues...here is my plan of attack.

In one league I will sit both of them and start LT, Slaton and S-Jackson

In the other league I will start both of them along with Kevin Smith and sit Hightower

This is the only way I can keep from going completely insane.

At this point I can not start just 1 of the 2.

Now in my national leagues I have no choice but to go with P-Thomas in a few leagues and Bell in another due to the bye weeks.

This is the only way I can keep what sanity I have left.

Now if Bell or Thomas score I get the pts in 1 league and it won't matter in the other since I started neither.

I own Thomas and Bell in several leagues and I'm starting Bell this week.

I look at it like this...it's been a pretty even split when they are both healthy...with the fundamental difference being that Bell gets the goal line carries.

Why wouldn't I start him over Pierre, knowing he's going to get those chances? Just because Pierre is more talented and did more for me last season?

It's a tough decision, and I'd like to have them both in my line up this week, but where I can't (or it doesn't make sense) I'm starting Bell

Best of Luck,

WashD