[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indy up 4, 18-14

Seahawks21

No way. If you're up 4, you get the point. It's automatic. A field goal then wins it for you if the other team scores a TD, or puts you up 8 if you get another. I would be willing to bet money they are the first team up 4 to go for a 2-point conversion since it has been implemented. If you go for two and miss, it gives you way too much risk of not winning if you get another field goal.

:wacko:

You go for two there. There was 3:10 left in the game. No matter what, one FG does not beat you, so might as well make it a 6 point lead. That way, if they score the TD, you still have a shot to block the xp.

I don't see a problem with it.

You go for the 2 there if you score it with less than 20 seconds left in the game, that is about it. I knew somebody would bring up the "block the extra point" reasoning. That would be the only reason to do it. You're going to go for 2 based on a 1% chance of blocking an extra point? No. They did it so it would take 2 FG's to tie them, and it was absolutely idiotic. It very easily could have cost them an easy win.

You go up five. That way a field goal wins it for you if they score a TD. Additionally, if you kick a FG before the other team scores, you go up 8, which is huge. One more field goal in that whole game, and you can't lose without giving up two scores. . If you miss, like they did, and SF scores a TD, a field goal sends the game to overtime rather than winning outright. It even makes less sense when you consider it was Indy. Surely they have to think they can score a FG in the 4th quarter with their offense. It makes no sense to risk going down three if you give up a TD. I'm through the last 2.5 years and they are the first team that has done it. I can almost guarantee you they are the first team dumb enough to try this since it has been brought back. I'll confirm tomorrow evening.

If this was the right way to play it, you would see lots of games with 15-9 or teams going up 29-23 sometime during the game.

Edited by Seahawks21

:wacko:

You go for two there. There was 3:10 left in the game. No matter what, one FG does not beat you, so might as well make it a 6 point lead. That way, if they score the TD, you still have a shot to block the xp.

I don't see a problem with it.

They scored that TD on the first play of the first quarter. There was close to 15 minutes left in the game. I think you need to kick the extra point there.

They scored that TD on the first play of the first quarter. There was close to 15 minutes left in the game. I think you need to kick the extra point there.

I assume you mean first play of the fourth quarter.

I had to leave the game and didn't see the fourth quarter. I thought it was at the end of the game, I haven't had time to watch the fourth quarter yet. I'd have to agree now. Too early to be going for two.

Edited by CaptainHook

I assume you mean first play of the fourth quarter.

I had to leave the game and didn't see the fourth quarter. I thought it was at the end of the game, I haven't had time to watch the fourth quarter yet. I'd have to agree now. Too early to be going for two.

Yes. I did mean fouth quarter.