[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basic plumbimg question

MrTed46

Wife = GF and the complaining hasnt stopped in a looooong time.

And it never will....3 years after building this house and giving her free reign over almost all the decisions, it's still not the right faucet. I spent more on my f'n cabinets than I have for any car I've ever owned. It's why they must be locked in the basement.

And it never will....3 years after building this house and giving her free reign over almost all the decisions, it's still not the right faucet. I spent more on my f'n cabinets than I have for any car I've ever owned. It's why they must be locked in the basement.

I agree, but my big screen is in the basement. Maybe trunk of car until needed?

Anyone here a lawyer, is this legal?

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, for those who care (prob no one) it was a success. I have heat and no leaks!

I want to go into a story here to give props to a company that rarely does this now a days,

I purchased cast iron baseboard from Slantfin, and after my purchase it came to my attention that this particular line has been discontinued by Slantfin. It actually was a big mess because they sent me 90% of my order, I had them installed thinking I will get the other 10% of the order but then they told me they do not have enough inventory to fulfill my order. Those who do not know how cast iron works, you need 100% of the order and you can NOT mix and match. So after a little workaround, they were able to find me the needed pieces and some. So basically, they gave me everything they had left over (at no charge) so at the time I was happy since I have extra pieces just in case.

So, it took a few weeks to install and I actually hired a plumber (which was a disaster) and he installed my new boiler and baseboard. We fired it up, everything worked fine I was super happy. Two days after, I noticed a leak and that made me check 100% of the baseboard and it turned out EVERY joint was leaking. So I was bugging out as I spent ALOT of money for this, I called Slantfin Rep I was dealing with on a Saturday night (6pm) and he picked up and showed up to my house Sunday 3pm. Now I do not know ANY companies that are willing to pick up their phone on Saturday, let alone show up on a Sunday.

After he looked at the baseboard to make sure it was installed correctly, which it was, he told me why they discontinued it and alot of people were having leaks. He said most of the time it is because of poor installations and who knows maybe my plumber did not install these correctly but it looked like he did. He also assured me he will solve this problem. He let me choose ANY baseboard they currently make as a replacement and he let me keep the old cast iron, which is nothing but scrap metal at this point.

Although, net-net I lost ALOT of money through all of this and they should NOT sell a product they know does not work, I am VERY happy on how they reacted. They did not have to admit others were having problems with this and they could have shifted the blame on installation like 99.9% of the companies now-a-days would have done. The representative kept in constant contact with me and went well beyond his call of duty through all of this. Overall I am very happy with the customer service and because of this; I am a Slantfin loyal customer from now on.

The new baseboard I picked out works great, heats up in seconds and I am pleased with it. Their boiler is also a high efficiency boiler and I am very pleased with that as well.

Many of you who know me here, know I NEVER write long posts, but giving props to Slantfin for handling a bad situation is worth my words.

BTW, the plumber I had robbed me as well. What a disaster this project has been, which cost me double what it should have in both $ and stress/time.

BTW, for those who care (prob no one) it was a success. I have heat and no leaks!

I want to go into a story here to give props to a company that rarely does this now a days,

I purchased cast iron baseboard from Slantfin, and after my purchase it came to my attention that this particular line has been discontinued by Slantfin. It actually was a big mess because they sent me 90% of my order, I had them installed thinking I will get the other 10% of the order but then they told me they do not have enough inventory to fulfill my order. Those who do not know how cast iron works, you need 100% of the order and you can NOT mix and match. So after a little workaround, they were able to find me the needed pieces and some. So basically, they gave me everything they had left over (at no charge) so at the time I was happy since I have extra pieces just in case.

So, it took a few weeks to install and I actually hired a plumber (which was a disaster) and he installed my new boiler and baseboard. We fired it up, everything worked fine I was super happy. Two days after, I noticed a leak and that made me check 100% of the baseboard and it turned out EVERY joint was leaking. So I was bugging out as I spent ALOT of money for this, I called Slantfin Rep I was dealing with on a Saturday night (6pm) and he picked up and showed up to my house Sunday 3pm. Now I do not know ANY companies that are willing to pick up their phone on Saturday, let alone show up on a Sunday.

After he looked at the baseboard to make sure it was installed correctly, which it was, he told me why they discontinued it and alot of people were having leaks. He said most of the time it is because of poor installations and who knows maybe my plumber did not install these correctly but it looked like he did. He also assured me he will solve this problem. He let me choose ANY baseboard they currently make as a replacement and he let me keep the old cast iron, which is nothing but scrap metal at this point.

Although, net-net I lost ALOT of money through all of this and they should NOT sell a product they know does not work, I am VERY happy on how they reacted. They did not have to admit others were having problems with this and they could have shifted the blame on installation like 99.9% of the companies now-a-days would have done. The representative kept in constant contact with me and went well beyond his call of duty through all of this. Overall I am very happy with the customer service and because of this; I am a Slantfin loyal customer from now on.

The new baseboard I picked out works great, heats up in seconds and I am pleased with it. Their boiler is also a high efficiency boiler and I am very pleased with that as well.

Many of you who know me here, know I NEVER write long posts, but giving props to Slantfin for handling a bad situation is worth my words.

BTW, the plumber I had robbed me as well. What a disaster this project has been, which cost me double what it should have in both $ and stress/time.

Glad to hear you have heat and things worked out. Just wondering what the "plumber" did and if you have any recourse?

Glad to hear you have heat and things worked out. Just wondering what the "plumber" did and if you have any recourse?

Left in the middle of the job. He was a friend of a friend who was not licenced, got paid in full and did not finish the job. Took forever to finish what he did, the only positive, is he installed the pipes and boiler MINT (looks like a work of art).

Recourse is not worth the aggrevation as I have been through alot already. Sometimes its better to realize a loss for your health. I spent all my energy fixing the problem and working with Slantfin that the plumber sneaked away.

Left in the middle of the job. He was a friend of a friend who was not licenced, got paid in full and did not finish the job. Took forever to finish what he did, the only positive, is he installed the pipes and boiler MINT (looks like a work of art).

Recourse is not worth the aggrevation as I have been through alot already. Sometimes its better to realize a loss for your health. I spent all my energy fixing the problem and working with Slantfin that the plumber sneaked away.

Depending on how much money was involved it may not be worth it. I hope you learned something though. Besides getting a liscensed plumber NEVER pay in advance. Somethimes you may need to put something down but it depends on the amount of materials involved. Also, get a signed contract.

Depending on how much money was involved it may not be worth it. I hope you learned something though. Besides getting a liscensed plumber NEVER pay in advance. Somethimes you may need to put something down but it depends on the amount of materials involved. Also, get a signed contract.

I knew all this, and the money isnt that much. For what he did, the licensed guy would have taken more. I am more upset with him about the timing and aggrevation he put me through. BTW, I got him because he was a acquantance and not trying to skim. I always prefer quality over quantity. There is more to the story that I am not letting out, and I prefer not to. I do not like to bash and go into detail just incase, I am not that type of person. Let's just leave it as it was VERY STRESSFUL!