[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub or Romo (TD Only League)

ticketblender

Man, I am having a hard time making this decision! I am in a TD only league where yardage only helps on the actual TD play. (Three 1 yd. TD's would equal 18 pts. but one TD of 75 or more yards is worth 24 points.) I can double dip with either QB as I have Slaton to go with Schaub and Roy Williams to go with Romo. I was gonna go with Schaub at first, but I have to admit at being intrigued by the news of Romo and Williams staying late at practice to work together. Also, a RB who scores catching a pass gets more points than a WR catching the same pass. Right now I have Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, and Nate Burleson starting at WR., with Williams on the bench. If I go with Romo, I'll probably sit Collie and start Williams.

Same here. I was justing going to post the same question [except my league isn't TD only]. Romo's been lights out the last three weeks but has a tough match up. My concern is him reverting back to the guy in weeks 2-5. Schaub OTOH has been consistently good and even though he lost his TE the Colts secondardy lost three starters this week! I can see a shoot out vs Manning whereas Romo has more options.

Thanks for the thoughtful insight!

Sorry, just felt is was an easy call and not necessary to add the insight. I know that season-to-date Schaub is the better QB by the numbers but I feel that the loss of Daniels is going to hurt this team quite a bit. I also like Romo's weapons more and feel that the Eagles/Cowboys game is going to be a shootout. Sure the Colts/Texans game could be the same but Schaub may end up having one of those big error games where he throws a bunch of INTs or fumbles. Just an odd feeling. I like Romo this week to have a better game than Schaub but understand if you play Schaub (who is the higher ranked QB at this time and who the Huddle has as the better QB play for this week).

I would be leary of Shaub right now. With Daniels out he doesn't have that safety valve - I have read that maybe expect more underneath passes to Kevin Walter.

Romo on the other hand has been clicking with Austin and there is always Witten. If Roy Williams starts to pay anything like he did in Detroit, look out - Romo will look great.

I would go with Romo this week and see how Houston plays without Daniels.