[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the debate begin Favre or Brady

Henry Muto

Neither play particularly excites me.

How will Detroit score the points needed for Favre's arm to be needed? If you were Childress, wouldn't you game plan run/run/run and just let Favre be a game manager this week?

On the other side, the Colts are going to put up some points, right? Brady's arm will be needed.

If I had to play one, I'd play Brady, I suppose.

Favre vs a horrible Det DF

or Brady vs a DF in Indy that has given up 10 TD passes in their last 24 games ?

Think on this one folks. :wacko:

Every week people feed this "jump out to a big lead, QB won't be needed" crap. How do teams jump out to big leads? In Minnesota's case, it will likely be at least partially because of Favre. And if I'm not mistaken, the last time these teams faced, the Lions were up 10-0 early, and Favre had to rally the Vikes back.

The Colts kept Matt Schaub from dominating them, and that was without Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson. Can they rattle Brady, as well? Too hard to predict. But I think it's more likely that Favre torches the Lions than Brady torches the Colts.

Indy has allowed 300+ yards just twice all season (Warner and Scaub), and has allowed two passing touchdowns ONCE all season, and one or less in every other game. That's pretty impressive.

The Lions give up yards and touchdowns to the QB, and Favre is way more comfortable with his offensive weapons than he was in week three @ Detroit. He's at home and riding high off of sweeping the Pack. Expect a solid game.

Ride Favre's hot hand.

Kevin, your list of other QB's vs. Colts:

Week 1: David Garrard 14-28, 122 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Week 2: Chad Pennington 22-33, 188 yds 0 TD, 1 INT

Week 3: Kurt Warner 30-52, 332 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

Week 4: Seneca Wallace 33-45, 257 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Week 5: Kerry Collins 19-32, 165 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Week 7: Marc Bulger 14-26, 140 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

Week 8: Alex Smith 19-32, 198 yds, 1 TD 1 INT

As much as I'm not trying to rehash our previous disagreements (I think we can proceed politely now), I still have to disagree on your logic on Indy's pass D. Look at the other QB's they've faced besides the two studs that had 300 yard games vs. them. Granted you were right that Schaub only had a big game for the same reasons why Warner did (because he threw it a baglion times), but keep in mind it was my point that he would be throwing (making him the safe pick).....But let's look at the other QB's listed who couldn't get it done.

Can you really compare Brady, Schaub and Warner's performances to Garrard, Pennington, Wallace, Collins and Bulger? Are those guys in anywhere near the same category... Of course not. And also, as you've said in the other discussion, injuries only bear worse for the Colts D (even though they did play a little better than one would have thought vs. Houston given the injuries).

Further, Brady is a stud, and does not have a stud RB to rely on that Favre does. I don't disagree that Farve should have a fine day, and you could certainly make the argument that he's a safe pick, but considering it's Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Welker we're talking about, the upside for him is tremendous in that game (and in nearly any competitive game really)... I mean, cmon, it's Tom Brady, and him and Moss are clicking again.. nuff said.

What does this all mean for you Muto? Start Brady in 50 leagues, and then start Farve in 50 of your other leagues. Why would you just want to roll with one guy when you've got $30,000 dollars riding in two million different tournaments....lol.

Do not debate this start Brady every single time he is on the field.I know Favre has been very good but there are going to be some games down the stretch where Peterson is going to have 2-3 TD's and Favre will throw for like 150 and 0 TD's.Brady will not disappoint in a game of this magnitude.I bet he throws for 3 TD's vs.the Colts.

Kevin, your list of other QB's vs. Colts:

As much as I'm not trying to rehash our previous disagreements (I think we can proceed politely now), I still have to disagree on your logic on Indy's pass D. Look at the other QB's they've faced besides the two studs that had 300 yard games vs. them. Granted you were right that Schaub only had a big game for the same reasons why Warner did (because he threw it a baglion times), but keep in mind it was my point that he would be throwing (making him the safe pick).....But let's look at the other QB's listed who couldn't get it done.

Can you really compare Brady, Schaub and Warner's performances to Garrard, Pennington, Wallace, Collins and Bulger? Are those guys in anywhere near the same category... Of course not. And also, as you've said in the other discussion, injuries only bear worse for the Colts D (even though they did play a little better than one would have thought vs. Houston given the injuries).

Further, Brady is a stud, and does not have a stud RB to rely on that Favre does. I don't disagree that Farve should have a fine day, and you could certainly make the argument that he's a safe pick, but considering it's Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Welker we're talking about, the upside for him is tremendous in that game (and in nearly any competitive game really)... I mean, cmon, it's Tom Brady, and him and Moss are clicking again.. nuff said.

What does this all mean for you Muto? Start Brady in 50 leagues, and then start Farve in 50 of your other leagues. Why would you just want to roll with one guy when you've got $30,000 dollars riding in two million different tournaments....lol.

Good info here showing how bad the QBs they have played against. I am leaning toward starting Brady mainly for a few reasons.

I love me some Moss and I will want him to score thus Brady to score...also and this is key the game is on Sunday night football...can I stomach Favre going out and throwing for 200 yards and 1 TD and know I have Brady coming up in primetime where Moss just loves to light it up knowing I will not get any of those points and I will have to cringe on every play.

Me thinks not.

Brady it is...and I only have the Brady/Favre combo in 2 leagues. Got to stick with Brady. If they are going to beat Indy it is going to have to be a shootout.