[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watch D.O.G.S. - School Program

Perchoutofwater

I was my youngest daughter's school's Watch D.O.G.S. today. It was a great experience. If you have kids or grand kids, and their school has this program I highly recommend you get involved. The kids love it, and you will love it as well. Today I got to read a math test to a challenged student, I helped 3 students meet their AR goal (Accelerated Reader). We just happen to be building a new school that is taking the place of the existing school on the existing schools playground, and most everyone knows it is my company that is doing it. One of the 5th grade teachers asked me to come in and talk about the building, and the different ways we have to use math to construct a building. I also got to do two P.E or recess periods. Each period I was the first player picked on the football teams. To make it even better I got to eat lunch with my daughter, and help them in their computer class. It was just a joy. The kids are excited to see you, the teachers are all so glad you are there, and it really is refreshing to see that many kids running around playing and just having so much fun.

I strongly recommend you participate in this program if it is offered at your kid or grand kids school. If it isn't offered the link above tells you how to get it started.

* 79% of principals surveyed strongly agreed or agreed that "The WATCH D.O.G.S.® program has made a significant contribution to the safety of our school."

* 96% of dads who completed our End-of-Day Survey strongly agreed or agreed that their "experience as a WatchDOGS volunteer was rewarding" and they would "want to do something like this again."

I'm definitely in that 96%.

ETA: Having girls I don't throw a football very often. After throwing one for about 1 1/2 hours on Friday, my shoulder in now very sore. It sucks getting old.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

thanks for the link.... school I teach at always trying to find a way to get fathers involved. School population has a lot of low-income single moms and teaching intermediate grades i get 'selected' by principal to be the role model for some of these "fatherless" students when they reach my grade.