[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peace Prize and Global Warming

gbpfan1231

I see Obama is in Oslo to accept his Peace Prize. Next week he is going to Copenhagen.

Was there no way to combine these trips into one trip?

Does it send a good message to go on two European trips to basically the same part of Europe one week apart? Does it not cost a lot of taxpayer money to fly Air Force One to Europe? Does it alos hurt the environment to be using that much fuel?

You would just think the right thing would be to maybe skip the Peace Prize acceptance or somehow do that next week if possible?

I think he needs to start sending the right message whenever possible.

I see Obama is in Oslo to accept his Peace Prize. Next week he is going to Copenhagen.

Does it send a good message to go on two European trips to basically the same part of Europe one week apart? Does it not cost a lot of taxpayer money to fly Air Force One to Europe? Does it alos hurt the environment to be using that much fuel?

You would just think the right thing would be to maybe skip the Peace Prize acceptance or somehow do that next week if possible?

:wacko::D

:wacko::D

Not sure I understand what is so funny.

It just seems like it could have been done different. I don't know what kind of backlash there would be if he did not show up to recieve this award or if there was any way to change the acceptance date to coincide with his Climate trip. I am sure some people would like to hear him say some things that actually focus on saving the tax payers some money and maybe even try to save the environment a bit.

Reminds of when he flew to Denver to sign some document like a week after ripping on the car execs for flying planes in for those meetings. He should maybe practice what he preaches.

Just my opinion and maybe the backlash for not showing up in person for the award would be worse?? Just my opinion.

It just seems like it could have been done different. I don't know what kind of backlash there would be if he did not show up to recieve this award or if there was any way to change the acceptance date to coincide with his Climate trip. I am sure some people would like to hear him say some things that actually focus on saving the tax payers some money and maybe even try to save the environment a bit.

Reminds of when he flew to Denver to sign some document like a week after ripping on the car execs for flying planes in for those meetings. He should maybe practice what he preaches.

Just my opinion and maybe the backlash for not showing up in person for the award would be worse?? Just my opinion.

I'll have a guess at what you would say if Obama didn't show up at the Nobel.

"Obama is really snubbing the world community and demeaning America blah blah blah......"

For damn sure whatever you said it wouldn't have been supportive.

So international agencies and conferences should reschedule around Obama's/the USA's itinerary?

And you compare this to highly paid (more than the president BTW) execs that are begging for money to keep their companies afloat? That is just plain ignorant . . . it doesnt matter WHO the president is, that office should be reflective of the prestige of the USA . .

Really???

So international agencies and conferences should reschedule around Obama's/the USA's itinerary?

And you compare this to highly paid (more than the president BTW) execs that are begging for money to keep their companies afloat? That is just plain ignorant . . . it doesnt matter WHO the president is, that office should be reflective of the prestige of the USA . .

Really???

Yes really.

I am just saying that it may improve his image a bit if he practiced what he preached. Who cares if the car execs are highly paid. I am not comparing Obama to a car exec. I am just saying that it would be a breath of fresh air if these guys actually practiced what they preached.

I'll have a guess at what you would say if Obama didn't show up at the Nobel.

"Obama is really snubbing the world community and demeaning America blah blah blah......"

For damn sure whatever you said it wouldn't have been supportive.

Nope. Wrong.

I will give the guy credit if he deserves it. I give him kudos for sending troops into Afghanistan.

Yes really.

I am just saying that it may improve his image a bit if he practiced what he preached. Who cares if the car execs are highly paid. I am not comparing Obama to a car exec. I am just saying that it would be a breath of fresh air if these guys actually practiced what they preached.

What is he preaching that he is not practicing?

the business of being the "leader of the free world" goes on, and I am pretty sure that a hybrid cant pull 2 tons of armored presidential limo.

This is the same ass-backward logic that points out what Al Gore's water bill is and uses that as proof that he hates the environmnet . . .:wacko:

at first i thought this was a joke

Now i am wishing it was

Fuel ? at this moment there are probably over 5000 planes flying somewhere ( probably more ) ...and you are worried about air force flying back and forth to Europe twice ?

These are big events he is attending ... ...and whether one agrees or disagrees whether Obama deserved the award he should be there in person to receive it ...that is the right thing to do as is attending Global Warming meeting