[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This annoys me...

detlef

On ESPN's Monday football coverage, they bust out the telestrator to diagram how plays went down. Nothing new, of course. Only, instead of filling up the entire screen with the play and just circling the dudes they want you to see and drawing all over the screen, they have dude standing next to a TV positioned at an angle (so it's not as easy to see the action) actually pointing to the damned TV. What the hell is up with that? Why is this an improvement to how everyone else does it?

Did they think we needed the personal touch of actually seeing someone point to a TV? Hell, why not rock it like the Weatherman and have him standing in front of a huge screen instead of giving us a crappy side view of a 40" flat screen?

Obviously, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it puzzles me because this is someone's job. Someone works at least full time figuring out cool new tricks for this show.

On ESPN's Monday football coverage, they bust out the telestrator to diagram how plays went down. Nothing new, of course. Only, instead of filling up the entire screen with the play and just circling the dudes they want you to see and drawing all over the screen, they have dude standing next to a TV positioned at an angle (so it's not as easy to see the action) actually pointing to the damned TV. What the hell is up with that? Why is this an improvement to how everyone else does it?

Did they think we needed the personal touch of actually seeing someone point to a TV? Hell, why not rock it like the Weatherman and have him standing in front of a huge screen instead of giving us a crappy side view of a 40" flat screen?

Obviously, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it puzzles me because this is someone's job. Someone works at least full time figuring out cool new tricks for this show.

I'm with you. If you've ever watched some of the NFL network non-game content (like NFL Access) they like to do this thing were the first guy up is standing next to a screen and talking and then at some point he walks across to the desk with the rest of the crew continuing to talk while the camera pans along. I don't get the point of that ... seems like of lame.

I'll tell you, when one of the guys is on their indoor "field" with the computer generated video game guys it seriously creeps me out. Seriously.

On the bright side, the ESPN announcing crew is by far the best it's ever been, or at least a very long time.

on the whole i agree but gruden calling player after player a "big-time <<insert position here>>" or player after player the best at their position gets a bit old. i'm hoping he calms down a bit in the future and draws on his football knowledge more than playing the fan in the booth role ...

I'll tell you, when one of the guys is on their indoor "field" with the computer generated video game guys it seriously creeps me out. Seriously.

The computer thing is OK I guess. I just think it's silly to watch a bunch of dudes in suits going through plays. You're telling me you couldn't find any game footage that illustrates the same point? Mind you, nobody patrols the middle like Mort. Keep your head on a swivel if you're going into his territory.