[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ipod touch + pandora

detlef

DMX sucks balls. Making my own mixes for the restaurant is cool but sort of a lot of work and none of the EQs or sound level deals truly keep certain songs from coming across much louder than others. Also, while my collection is rather broad, it ain't infinite. So when you're there every day, it can get old.

Enter plugging the ipod touch into the system, turning on pandora, grabbing a cool song in the genre you're looking for and it just goes. 10 hours later and it's just pumping out cool latin jazz.

Pandora I believe is limited to 40 hours a month now unless you pay for the service.

Also, is Pandora being used for your personal listening, or for the whole restaurant? If it's the latter, be careful with ASCAP/BMI licensing. If they find out you aren't licensed, it can get ugly.

PANDORA TERMS OF USE

To make it a bit easier to digest our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, we thought we'd start by highlighting in plain English some of the issues. This summary is not a legal document. Of course you'll want to read the complete Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, but here's what we think is important:

Terms:

Thanks to the way our music licensing works, you have to live in the United States to use Pandora. You also have to be at least 13 years old. Pandora can only be used if you are in the United States.

We expect you to keep your account password to yourself

Pandora is for personal use only, that means you can't play Pandora for the patrons in your bar, coffee shop, etc. You can't use Pandora to steal music, and you have to listen to it through pandora.com or on a device officially supported by Pandora

Do not use Pandora if you do not agree to the Terms of Use. Your use of Pandora means you agree to the Terms of Use.

With all of the good press your spots are getting, I wouldn't risk the bad press that playing unauthorized music can get you.