[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I survived thesis defense

polksalet

I've worked on data sets where we ran a least squares linear regression to evaluate usability of different data sets that were collected via different methods.

Anyway, defending a thesis never looked like much fun to me.

yea i've done that was well. He is talking about running least squares on non-existent data. I guess I'm supposed to estimate the values.

In the interest of full disclosure the committee member who did this is considered the most intense man in the program if not the whole friggin field of study. So far I'm the second person who has ever put him on their committee. He makes students change majors constantly and lots of them come in the back door so they don't have to pass in front of him. Maybe I have Stockholm syndrome because of the semesters of beat downs but I really respect the guy and all he really wants is for us to learn. When it was over he shook my hand like a man. I'm still not sure what to think of the whole experience.

After watching mine a several others the brutality of the defense is dictated by the committee members. If you ever go that route you can figure out how rough you want it to be. Nothing about this has been the least bit pleasurable or rewarding fwiw.

i have 3 :wacko:

two more and you'll catch me. Two of them were from Arkie schools so their validity is questionable.

I can't believe i'm sitting here considering going Phd. The school has offered to put me on the payroll teaching surveying while I do it. If their offer is still good I might go for it.

Thanks to everyone for all the congrats, I'm really ready to get it all over with.

Grab 'em by the nose and kick 'em in the ass,Bro! Or is it the other way around....grab 'em by the ass and kick 'em in the nose.... :wacko:

It works both ways! :D