[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How would you handle this situation

boat_hacked

In our 12 team PPR performance league, three teams tied at 8-6 for the last wild card slot. Team A and B are in same division and Team C in another. Our rules state that in case of ties; H2H, division record, total points are the tiebreakers. Teams A and B both finished 1-1 verus each other and tied on division record. So Team A has more total points than B thus breaks their tie. When Team A and C are compared H2H, they only played once and team C won. So team C should have the last wildcard spot. However our commish has ruled that the three teams have finished 1-1 vs. each other(team C lost to team B in their only match-up) and since each team has same division record Team A gets the WC since they have the most points of the three teams. A few of us owners have blantantly pointed out that team C beat team A in only meeting thus should have WC spot. Commish states he made a ruling and won't change. How would you handle this??

FWIW-league is a $300 buy-in and blind bidding on WW. Our pot usually averages $4500 each season. SB winner get 20%. I have no skin in this fiasco. Just think team C is getting raw deal and not first time a team has been screwed over this league per other owners. A few of us are thining of baling after this year.

Yes, you're correct. Team C is getting shafted according to how you have written the rules in this post. There doesn't seem to be any room for any other interpretation.

I would write everyone in the league and protest the situation. If the status remains the same, then I would let it be known that you will be leaving. If Team C got shafted this year, no telling when you'll get shafted. $300.00 is a lot of money, and a fantasy season is a lot of time to spend, only to get shafted by a commissioner who's either got something at stake here or is just a dumbass.

Edited by electricrelish

H2H in a 3-way for a wildcard is best total winning percentage amongst the 3 teams where they played each other.

Team C beat team A and lost to team B: 1-1 H2H for .500

Team B beat team C and is 1-1 against team A: 2-1 H2H for .667

Team A lost to team C and is 1-1 against team B: 1-2 H2H for .333

Team B has the best H2H winning percentage and wins the first tiebreaker.

Edited by Big John

H2H in a 3-way for a wildcard is best total winning percentage amongst the 3 teams where they played each other.

Team C beat team A and lost to team B: 1-1 H2H for .500

Team B beat team C and is 1-1 against team A: 2-1 H2H for .667

Team A lost to team C and is 1-1 against team B: 1-2 H2H for .333

Team B has the best H2H winning percentage and wins the first tiebreaker.

This.

Funny though that it is the only team that apparently is not being argued over making it, yet based on how a H2H tiebreaker is utilized for more than 2 teams, it is the team that should advance based upon given information.

Edited by Big Country

First of all this should've been clearly spelled out in your rules. I don't necessarily agree that it's best winning % by default. For example, in one league i'm in, for one team to win the H2H tiebreaker they would have to have that advantage over both teams, otherwise it goes to points. In another, it automatically goes to points. Without rules spelled out ahead of time, i would suggest flipping a coin b/t A & C and changing the rules for next time.

Since its just a small money league rules most just go with total points.If you ever get into a big money league I would have all rules spelled out so no mistakes.Most of my leagues are big money leagues we sign contracts so no one can argue later.Since your not involved stay clear and let the teams fight it out and dont play next year.