[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 keeper advice

LayLow

• 2 weeks later...
as of today... +1

when do you have to decide?

It's possible that one or more of them could finish out the year really strong and make a case for being a first round pick. Also, the NFL draft/FA will make some things clearer. For example, if DEN significantly improves it's OL, Moreno would be worth a first.

don't have to decide till draft night next year. Remember, my name along with anyone else that doesn't keep someone goes into the hat for the 1st supplemental pick.

Here are guys that will be kept without a doubt.

Brees

AP

MJD

Turner

CJ

Ray Rice

That leaves 4 other guys including me having our names in the hat for the available guys left.

Edited by LayLow

Ray Rice might not be kept? SJax, Reggie Wayne, Fitz?

my bad

Ray Rice will be kept. he is on the same team as Fitz

Wayne is a no keep

S Jax probably won't be either. he wasn't kept outright last year either, but was picked #2 in supplemental

Based on how I understand the posts, you can either keep a player for your 1st round pick, or go into a lottery with anyone else that does not keep a player for the #1 pick.

It is a 10 team league, and no one can keep more than one player.

Assuming the above is true, none of the players you have listed is currenly in my top 10 overall for next year, thus I do not see a scenario shaping up where I would be inclined to use a first round pick for any of those guys.

Based on how I understand the posts, you can either keep a player for your 1st round pick, or go into a lottery with anyone else that does not keep a player for the #1 pick.

It is a 10 team league, and no one can keep more than one player.

Assuming the above is true, none of the players you have listed is currenly in my top 10 overall for next year, thus I do not see a scenario shaping up where I would be inclined to use a first round pick for any of those guys.

thats right

The only thing would be if you think said player would be a superstar going forward, should you keep him just because you may not get him coming back in a snake draft for the 2nd round?

I'm not sure these guys would do it...but if the Cards keep going and Benie's role grows...he may go earlier in drafts next year just because.

but if the Cards keep going and Benie's role grows...he may go earlier in drafts next year just because.

And come your draft night next year, if this is true, you can change your mind. But, given what is known now, with no knowledge of who gets drafted to what team, what free agent moves happens, who gets hurt in preseason and who looks good/bad in preseason, I would not give up my first round pick for any of the options available at this time.