[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona TD Change

burton

I'm taking crap from an owner and we've had this rule for for 10 years. The change did cost him the game. I don't see how anymore clear it could be.

Section 7: Stats and Scoring Errors

7.1 The RBFL Commissioner has the ability to modify scoring. If a stat or scoring error is suspected and the RBFL can verify the error it will be corrected. The deadline for this process is the first roster deadline for the following week in which the error occurred. The roster deadline will be considered past when the week's earliest starter is due for any team. Once the deadline has passed, scores and stats will be considered final.

7.2 CBS Sportsline will be the final authority for all stats and scoring. All other sources may be presented as evidence only. The RBFL Commissioner will issue the final ruling on all scoring and stats errors. The process for investigating scoring disputes will include, but not be limited to the following.

A. Possible errors can be reported by any team.

B. The commissioner will inform the league of the possible error.

C. Resource evidence will be submitted to and collected by the commissioner.

D. CBS Sportsline will be contacted with a request for help and/or clarification of the stats in question.

E. The commissioner will issue a ruling and inform the league.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

If there is nothing in the rules that dictates how this situation should be handled, I really think it should be determined by how the final stat is recorded. I think anyone who lost because of a Warner TD pass that's no longer a pass should not win their game. Unless of course, the rules state that they don't change the stats after the game no matter what. If it's in the rules one way or the other, I don't see how anyone can protest with any good reason.

Hey Sailor! New in town????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Turns out, in my semi-finals match-up for a spot in our Superbowl, this change means EVERYTHING! I'd LOST my game by ONE STINKIN' POINT 108 - 109 with the squad in my signature (my lowest score of the whole season thanks to Brady, Thomas Jones and Vernon Davis not showing up last week). With this adjusment, I'd WIN the game 108 - 105 (-4 points from Warner for the TD pass). It's a big money league and this is MAJOR. And it just so happens that the other person in the SB is ... our COMMISSIONER, who says that "all scores are FINAL as of TUESDAY." But THIS has NEVER happened before - especially with a spot in the SB at stake (and our SB winner gets $3K + 50% of the add/drop $$$, which is another $1200).

I'm VERY interested to know what you guys think should happen here?!?

All these responses: blah, blah, rules this and that.....we all know the situation.

I would suggest that you talk to the commish about having a meeting at his house tonight to clear it up:

If there is nothing in the rules that dictates how this situation should be handled, I really think it should be determined by how the final stat is recorded. I think anyone who lost because of a Warner TD pass that's no longer a pass should not win their game. Unless of course, the rules state that they don't change the stats after the game no matter what. If it's in the rules one way or the other, I don't see how anyone can protest with any good reason.

I agree, those stats are recorded real time by people who's view gets blocked or distracted. Years ago Jerry Rice 80 was credited with a handful of yards that should have gone to Johnny Jolly 88. (Or visa versa)

I don't believe for one second a team should lose because John Doe was drinking his giant coke and didn't see 80 instead of 88 or whatever. It can't drag on for weeks but a couple of days a couple times a year should be an acceptable window to get it right.

Hey Sailor! New in town????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Turns out, in my semi-finals match-up for a spot in our Superbowl, this change means EVERYTHING! I'd LOST my game by ONE STINKIN' POINT 108 - 109 with the squad in my signature (my lowest score of the whole season thanks to Brady, Thomas Jones and Vernon Davis not showing up last week). With this adjusment, I'd WIN the game 108 - 105 (-4 points from Warner for the TD pass). It's a big money league and this is MAJOR. And it just so happens that the other person in the SB is ... our COMMISSIONER, who says that "all scores are FINAL as of TUESDAY." But THIS has NEVER happened before - especially with a spot in the SB at stake (and our SB winner gets $3K + 50% of the add/drop $$$, which is another $1200).

I'm VERY interested to know what you guys think should happen here?!?

How long has this league existed for? Assuming that there is no written bylaw that the commish is referencing, do the following:

Find a statistic that has been changed midweek. I'm sure you can find a list, or a helpful fellow Huddler may be able to help you out. Find it for this season or a previous season if you still have access to those league pages. Then reference your old scoring to see how it was recorded. If it was updated, you have precedent. If it wasn't, you don't have a case.

Also, scores final as of Tuesday when? 12:01 AM? 11:59 PM? Monday night stats will often not be finalized until Tuesday morning, so midnight is a terrible cutoff.

No matter what happens, make sure you get a rule IN WRITING for next season.

The following stat changes were made by the Elias Sports Bureau, and are now available to be applied to your league on MyFantasyLeague.com:

Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints

* Anthony Spencer: from 5 to 4 Tackles.

* Anthony Spencer: from 1 to 2 Assists.

* Anthony Spencer: from 2 Sacks for 18 Yards to 1.5 Sacks for 14 Yards.

* Marcus Spears: from 0 Sacks to 0.5 Sacks for 4 Yards.

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions

* The 5 Yard Touchdown Pass from Kurt Warner to Anquan Boldin was changed to a 5 Yard Rushing TD for Boldin.

* Therefore, Kurt Warner had a Passing TD removed from his official stats.

* Anquan Boldin: from 0 Rushes to 1 Rush for 5 Yards.

* Cardinals: from 26 Rushes for 117 Yards to 27 Rushes for 122 Yards.

* Kurt Warner: from 23 of 37 for 233 Yards Passing to 22 of 36 for 228 Yards Passing.

* Cardinals: from 23 of 37 for 233 Yards Passing to 22 of 36 for 228 Yards Passing.

* Anquan Boldin: from 6 Receptions for 72 Yards to 5 Receptions for 67 Yards.

* The 100 Yard Interception Return TD by Louis Delmas was changed to a 101 Yard Interception Return TD.

* Louis Delmas: from 100 to 101 Interception Return Yards.

Houston Texans at St. Louis Rams

* Matt Turk: from 85 to 90 Punt Yards.

* Texans: from 85 to 90 Punt Yards.

* Ruvell Martin: from 1 to 0 Punt Returns.

* David Roach: from 0 to 1 Punt Return for 0 Yards.

* David Roach: from 0 to 1 Fumbles.

* Ruvell Martin: from 0 to 1 Own Fumble Recoveries.

* Rams: from 2 to 3 Fumbles.

* Rams: from 1 to 2 Own Fumble Recoveries.

Miami Dolphins at Tennessee Titans

* Tyrone Culver: from 0 to 1 Own Fumble Recoveries.

* Gibril Wilson: from 1 to 0 Own Fumble Recoveries.

Chicago Bears at Baltimore Ravens

* Rashied Davis: from 3 Kickoff Returns for 60 Yards to 2 Kickoff Returns for 29 Yards.

* Johnny Knox: from 0 Kickoff Returns to 1 Kickoff Return for 31 Yards.

* Rashied Davis: from 1 Fumble and 1 Lost to 0 Fumbles.

* Johnny Knox: from 0 FUmbles to 1 Fumble and 1 Lost.

New York Giants at Washington Redskins

* Bruce Johnson: from 0 Interception to 1 Interception for 49 Yards.

* Aaron Rouse: from 1 Interception for 49 Yards to 0 Interceptions.

* Graham Gano: from 0 to 1 Extra Points Had Blocked.

* Fred Robbins: from 0 to 1 Blocked Extra Points.

* Giants Defense: from 0 to 1 Blocked Extra Points.