[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona TD Change

burton

Hopefully this doesn't affect many people :-)

Cardinals Site

Every week, the NFL goes over the official scoring of each game and makes corrections. Rarely do they make much of an impact, other than changing whether a player gets a full sack or half-sack. But it did Wednesday, when Kurt Warner’s five-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin to win the game in Detroit was changed to a five-yard touchdown run by Boldin. It was ruled that Warner threw a backward pass, meaning it was a lateral and a rush attempt. It changes Warner’s TD passes for the season from 25 to 24, becomes Q’s first career rushing touchdown, and costs the Cards five passing/receiving yards while adding five rushing yards.

Not a huge deal — unless, of course, Warner was your fantasy QB and you needed those points.

As for practice, the Cards have brought back linebacker Ali Highsmith to the practice squad. Linebacker Will Davis returned to work and said he actually did more than he originally was going to do. And WR Sean Morey and TE Ben Patrick seem to have suffered concussions Sunday, making their availability Sunday in doubt.

The big question is how does your league handle this ?

In the WCFF and NFFC they change the scoring.

But for MFL they don't just change the scoring as I looked back to plays like a Chicago player getting a sack in week 14 and it does not even show up on his week 14 stats Hillenmeyer, Hunter CHI LB has 0 sacks week 14 but under MFL Stat Changes for Week #14 (Published Wed Dec 16 9:18:52 p.m. ET 2009) Hunter Hillenmeyer: from 0 Sacks to 1 Sack for 12 Yards.

So it is up to the commish at MFL and some leagues don't change stats after Monday night is over.

I have never went back in my 19 previous years and changed a game on Tuesday or after for a league's game.

but I never used a site to do my stats for me until this year. I always did all the stats myself and used excel spread sheets and email to do my leagues.

So this is uncharted waters for me. As a league we did not even think about this situation and so I ask.

How does your league do it ?

Do you go back and change the scoring manually you MFL commish's ? Or does the Warner TD stand in your leagues since MFL does not do it automatically ?

MFL gives you the option to have the stats changed automatically every week if you want.

It's under FOR COMMISSIONERS --> STAT CHANGES

Check this box to automatically apply all stat changes for all weeks of the season as soon as they're available?

All my leagues have this box checked and we recieve an email with the updated scores every Wed night/Thurs morning.

Edited by myhousekey

I think the NFL needs to change the rule or the scoring of these type of plays. The Boldin play and the Meach play were both "passes", it was not a reverse or a hand off, it was a pass, period. Sure, the ball may have went backward from point A to point B, but it is still a pass play other than by definition or rule.

A lateral or an option play, is a designed running play and should be scored accordingly, IMO.

How does your league do it ?

Do you go back and change the scoring manually you MFL commish's ? Or does the Warner TD stand in your leagues since MFL does not do it automatically ?

As others have noted, MFL does have the option to have the stat changes applied automatically.

As to the question on league rule, most of my leagues have rules in place that state that scores are final at the kickoff of the first game of the following week, so any stat change issued prior to that is applied, any issued after that, is not applied.

I think the NFL needs to change the rule or the scoring of these type of plays. The Boldin play and the Meach play were both "passes", it was not a reverse or a hand off, it was a pass, period. Sure, the ball may have went backward from point A to point B, but it is still a pass play other than by definition or rule.

A lateral or an option play, is a designed running play and should be scored accordingly, IMO.

so how should a "shovel pass" be scored? as a running play since it is just like a toss to a RB but forward instead of backwards? :wacko:

Hey Sailor! New in town????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Turns out, in my semi-finals match-up for a spot in our Superbowl, this change means EVERYTHING! I'd LOST my game by ONE STINKIN' POINT 108 - 109 with the squad in my signature (my lowest score of the whole season thanks to Brady, Thomas Jones and Vernon Davis not showing up last week). With this adjusment, I'd WIN the game 108 - 105 (-4 points from Warner for the TD pass). It's a big money league and this is MAJOR. And it just so happens that the other person in the SB is ... our COMMISSIONER, who says that "all scores are FINAL as of TUESDAY." But THIS has NEVER happened before - especially with a spot in the SB at stake (and our SB winner gets $3K + 50% of the add/drop $$$, which is another $1200).

I'm VERY interested to know what you guys think should happen here?!?

Turns out, in my semi-finals match-up for a spot in our Superbowl, this change means EVERYTHING! I'd LOST my game by ONE STINKIN' POINT 108 - 109 with the squad in my signature (my lowest score of the whole season thanks to Brady, Thomas Jones and Vernon Davis not showing up last week). With this adjusment, I'd WIN the game 108 - 105 (-4 points from Warner for the TD pass). It's a big money league and this is MAJOR. And it just so happens that the other person in the SB is ... our COMMISSIONER, who says that "all scores are FINAL as of TUESDAY." But THIS has NEVER happened before - especially with a spot in the SB at stake (and our SB winner gets $3K + 50% of the add/drop $$$, which is another $1200).

Oh man, that is quite a pickle. Of course, not a surprise commish won't change the score. And that is a lot of cashola. To me, the score change should take effect. sounds like the Tuesday rule was made up on the spot. Yikes.

Sounds like you got screwed.

Do you mean this kind of decision has never been made before? That in the past changes were made? If so, then obviously the change should be made this time too, and you need to lobby the rest of the league.

If you mean this scoring situation (changing a stat) has never come up before, then look at your published rules. If there is nothing there, then I'd request the rest of the league to vote on making a league decision, not let the Commissioner unilaterally make the decision.

No way do you sit quietly and let this happen.

You should be in the Finals end of story. Don't go quietly into the night.

Is your commissioner quoting the league's published rules here? If yes, then you are SOL. if no, then you have a legitimate gripe and need to bring it to the league before tonight's kickoff. I'd be sure, even if it is not resolved, to announce what your lineup will be so that if the league votes in your favor in this type of scenario, you are prepared.

This change could affect the SB participants in one of my leagues. Our rules are kind of vague -

"ScoringPoints will be awarded based on the actual stats of NFL players from the previous weekend. The source of the league's official stats will be the stats provided by this website." - this is all it says.

Auto corrections have never been done and no changes have ever been manually done in the history of the league.

Would like to hear your opinions. No need to be derogatory, just voice your opinions

This change could affect the SB participants in one of my leagues. Our rules are kind of vague -

"ScoringPoints will be awarded based on the actual stats of NFL players from the previous weekend. The source of the league's official stats will be the stats provided by this website." - this is all it says.

Auto corrections have never been done and no changes have ever been manually done in the history of the league.

Would like to hear your opinions. No need to be derogatory, just voice your opinions

Conflicted as rules state the the stats will be the stats provided by the website, and I am going ot assume that the website has updated accordingly.

However, precedent is that scoring changes have not been applied. I guess the question is, has anyone previously asked that a scoring change be applied? If the answer is yes and it was not applied, then you have your answer... you do not apply it. If it is no, and you have an owner asking for it to be updated, then you are in virgin territory, but based on the way the rule is written, I would think you would apply the scoring change.