[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

scooby's hubby helped snag some

Scooby

So he forgot to lock his yukon yesterday that we leave parked in the driveway, and shortly after 11 last nite while he was up watching What about Bob, he could hear his car door close....he looked outside & noticed the interior lights on and a car speeding away, he then jumped in his car and followed the vehicle around our winding neighborhood, they were making wrong turns and going into dead ends & cul-de-sacs, speeding around. He took down their plates & called the cops..when he returned home he saw several police cars stealthily roaming the neighborhood w/ their lights off. He noticed his ipod was missing but surprisingly his wallet was still there with all his credit cards!!! The cops called this morning to say they found a prescirption med w/ my name on it...lol!! It was dicyclomine for IBS we laughed so hard!! They musta thought that was real good stuff!! My Lancome makeup, sonicare tootbrush & flat iron was in that bag I had taken for a New Yr's eve bash in Oklahoma which I left in his car. Well the cops came back & brought me some of my makeup, his Ipod, no sign of the sonicare or flat iron....grrrr, that was a Chi!! They also recovered cell phones, more ipods, electronics from other people's cars around the neighborhood.

The culprits were kids ranging in age from 12 to 15!!! 2 of them were in the car my hubby reported (which was stolen)...They also stole another vehicle. Interesting way our family rang in the New Year:)

The culprits were kids ranging in age from 12 to 15!!!

Glad you got some of your stuff back.

Last winter my buddy had a pellet gun that he takes trapping stolen out of his car in his driveway. It had snowed the day before and he followed the kids footprints right to the thief's house. :wacko: The kid was also around 12 and my buddy let him off the hook. He said from the look on the kid's Dad's face he would be in enough trouble...

Reminds me of the time I just turned the lights out in our bedroom and minutes later heard my car door in my driveway close. I ran downstairs and opened the front door to see a guy in the front seat of my car. I screamed from the porch over and over again "get the f**k out of my car, get the f**k out of my car" My dog ran downstairs and hid under the coffee table, and my husband was screaming for me to get back in the house. The thief ran away, but my steering column was a stream of wires as he was trying to hotwire the car.

The next night I put my car in the driveway (we didn't have a functional garage) awaiting a car alarm. But, we had a dog gate I could put the car behind. I left my dog out overnight. About 5 am he started barking like crazy. He was running up and down the fence. I found a budweiser beer can on the gate. We don't drink Bud. We called the police and he guessed there was a contract out on parts for this car. Two weeks later with car alarm in place, the alarm went off around 4 am. Now who would want to steal a 1990 Toyota LE Van, well back in 1991?

Another funny story with this LE van. A year later Bill Clinton had a fund raiser for his presidential campaign at the democratic chairmen's house who lived behind us-- which Clinton attended (actually heard his campaign speech while sitting on my fence and hidden behind the oleander bushes). He had a bunch of teenagers valet parking and we had the van parked in front of our house. The next morning it was smashed in the side, as I am guessing some teenager tried to parallel park a lobbyist's car.

You can't even spell enchilada right - get outta here.

And is he bullet proof?

I guess if you are one, it's easy to spell... enchilada. oops.... :wacko:

just kiddin' around :D

Naw, it sounded like he did the right thing by calling in the cops. He was in a vehicle with means to escape. Now, If he had directly confronted them without being armed himself, then I could see you point.

I guess if you are one, it's easy to spell... enchilada. oops.... :wacko:

just kiddin' around :D

Naw, it sounded like he did the right thing by calling in the cops. He was in a vehicle with means to escape. Now, If he had directly confronted them without being armed himself, then I could see you point.

I read "followed their car" and "stuck in dead ends cul de sacs" and think a glock in their car would have made this considerably worse. As I said, not to be a kill-joy, but not the smartest of things to do...over a flat iron. I'm sure their parents would agree. :D