[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PC help!

irish

Things were working fine with my desktop while I was surfing here at the Huddle and then suddenly, when trying to type everything was in caps even though the caps lock wasn't on, every time I clicked on a link a new window would open instead of just opening in the current window as it had been, I can't click on a single icon on the desktop and open just that program instead all the programs on the same horizontal row and above it become highlighted and open. When i went to click on one icon and everthing highlighted, i then just moved my mouse away from any icons and all the highlighted icons had 2nd copies created of them on the desktop.

Any ideas what the hell is going on?!? I'm currently running a virus scan on the PC but nothing is working right even after I tried to restart.

Boot into Safe Mode and re-run your Anti-Virus again. If you can't run it because the mouse/keyboard are still flaky, see If you can acquire another keyboard, and mouse. Make sure you completely shutdown first. Some AV progs have a recover mode where you can boot off the disc and it will auto-run.

"I can't click on a single icon on the desktop and open just that program instead all the programs on the same horizontal row and above it become highlighted and open."

I had a problem like that on my laptop and it turned out to be the touch-pad.

Sounds like a stuck shift key.

I can't believe it but this was exactly what the problem was. The shift key was stuck about halfway down so it really wasn't visable but enough to cause the problem. Plus my keyboard is on one of those roll out trays and I rarely roll it out.

Thanks for the help guys! This was really bugging me and it's now a non-issue. :wacko:

I figured you were maybe subscribing to some magazines, and well, you know..........

...that's how the key got stuck?