[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans Huddlers

whomper

One of my best friends is getting married this year. He asked me to be his best man. 13 years ago my buddy got married and we went to new Orleans for his bachelor party and had the best time ever. 11 years ago I got married. we went to New orleans again and had an absolute blast. Since then a few of my other friends got married and the ones that could swing a traveling bachelor party chose vegas. Vegas was awesome but never topped N.O in most of our minds. I told my friend that since this will be one of the last traveling bachelor partys we will be able to pull off, since most of us are married ,that we should go back to New Orleans . He agreed.

We are looking to go the first week of May. We used to stay at the Inn on Bourbon Street. Bourbon street is definetly where we want to be. I just dont know if the Inn on Bourbon is still there or if maybe you guys have a better recommendation. I know i can look these things up and certainly will do some research on my own but figured what better way to get the inside scoop then from my coon ass friends at the huddle. By the Way, Is alibis still there :wacko:

Is Bourbon street still as lively as back in the day ? Bars , restaurants ?

Thanks in advance

Of course if we do pull this trip off I would also like to meet up with you guys for a bit while I am there

Edited by whomper

Hotel Monteleone Whomper...my wife and I stay here when we go to New Orleans. There are several decent places but this is a half a block from Bourbon. I don't think overly expensive but what is a few extra bucks if you are making a great trip. I'd also recommend dinner at Mr. B's across the street (again, nice place but professional casual). The hotel has a 360 degree spinning bar, not that you'll spend much time there but nice to meet your friends etc. I'll pm you my cell #, if you'd like to call do so I'll answer any questions you have, heck I'd love to try and meet up with you. Either way, have a blast. Tbimm is native New Orleans (or lives there, so I default to his advice)

Check out: WWII D-Day museum...incredible :wacko: , House of Blues for Lunch or dinner, usually live shows at night while you eat, French Market is cool, but you must get Beignet's/Coffee at Cafe Du Monde in French Market, near Bourbon. Hornets Basketball games are awesome, not sure if the schedule will be on going in May? You would have just missed Mardi Gras...ya'll should consider moving the trip up and catch Fat Tuesday...nothing on Earth like it, especially on Bourbon. (Post Katrina Mardi Gras isn't what pre-Katrina Mardi Gras was...but still damn awesome) It might be too late to get a room now during Mardi Gras, act fast!

Good luck...pm sent.

Balla

Saw this at lunch and didn't have time to respond.

Quickly 2 questions.

How set are you on the timing?

Do you have to stay ON Bourbon St?

We are now thinking of going april 15th-april 18th. End april early May didnt work for a few guys. The timing would have to be before may/june because that is when the wedding is. My buddy is getting married at the banquet facility that I bartend at. They are giving him a deal and they have open dates for day weddings on saturday . He is going this saturday to book a wedding that will take place May/June. That is why we dont have as much time as normal to choose.

We would like to be as close to if not on Bourbon as possible . We really loved the Inn on bourbon and may end up going there. To see Bourbon from the balcony was awesome. I would say we definetly want to be walking distance to Bourbon for sure.

We are now thinking of going april 15th-april 18th. End april early May didnt work for a few guys. The timing would have to be before may/june because that is when the wedding is. My buddy is getting married at the banquet facility that I bartend at. They are giving him a deal and they have open dates for day weddings on saturday . He is going this saturday to book a wedding that will take place May/June. That is why we dont have as much time as normal to choose.

We would like to be as close to if not on Bourbon as possible . We really loved the Inn on bourbon and may end up going there. To see Bourbon from the balcony was awesome. I would say we definetly want to be walking distance to Bourbon for sure.

The Inn is still there, Bourbon Orleans and that is a good weekend, The weekend before the Jazz fest. anything after that is hard to get for a few weeks.

The Inn is still there, Bourbon Orleans and that is a good weekend, The weekend before the Jazz fest. anything after that is hard to get for a few weeks.

Yup. Depending on the timing you may wind up here for the French Quarter festival which is really a lot of fun. That will also liven up Bourbon st for your evening enjoyment.

I haven't had a chance to look up the dates for everything but if you can book for the weekend of the FQF I would say that would increase your enjoyment a great deal.

Balla is right about Hotel Monteleone as well. The place is fantastic!

As I said I haven't checked yet but I think the 15th through 18th will be the weekend before FQF. I will check and let you know.

Last year we had a bachelor party for a buddy of mine in NO. However, we scheduled it on the weekend of jazzfest which I highly recommend. One reason is it's nice to let the wives know you're going somewhere with a purpose. Another reason, jazzfest is a blast if you've never been. Tons of bands, it lasts like 2 weeks and its right around the time you're planning (end of April early May). Bourbon street, IMO, is more for younger people - I used to go there every weekend when I was staioned in Biloxi, MS and being there again as an adult was a turnoff. But, if you go for 2 nights and you dedicate one of those days too jazzfest, Bourbon street can be tolerated. I certainly wouldn't stay on Bourbon street.

Anyways, I hope you go during jazzfest, you will have much fun. There are sooooooo many good bands that play there, guaranteed your whole crew will find an artist(s) that they LOVE. Here's the list of artists - http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Last year we had a bachelor party for a buddy of mine in NO. However, we scheduled it on the weekend of jazzfest which I highly recommend. One reason is it's nice to let the wives know you're going somewhere with a purpose. Another reason, jazzfest is a blast if you've never been. Tons of bands, it lasts like 2 weeks and its right around the time you're planning (end of April early May). Bourbon street, IMO, is more for younger people - I used to go there every weekend when I was staioned in Biloxi, MS and being there again as an adult was a turnoff. But, if you go for 2 nights and you dedicate one of those days too jazzfest, Bourbon street can be tolerated. I certainly wouldn't stay on Bourbon street.

Anyways, I hope you go during jazzfest, you will have much fun. There are sooooooo many good bands that play there, guaranteed your whole crew will find an artist(s) that they LOVE. Here's the list of artists - http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Good info here...