[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spider Man 4

Pope Flick

wow - outside of three having been horrible, I am sorry they felt they needed to do the reboot thing.

the hulk needed it and post keaton batman needed it - but I thought they had a good thing going with McGwire. He embodied Peter Parker pretty well to me.

As far as reboots go - what happened with the most recent punisher... horrible

Edited by Duchess Jack

i agree that a reboot is a disappointment. imo, the first spiderman nailed it ... i will say that spidey 3 definitely blew as they tried to fit in too much and tobey was just a wierdo for most of the movie. that, and when the superheroes go at it, i don't want to see the actor's faces. that really bugged me about spidey 3.

i'm hoping they can still fix this somehow to let us keep going with 4.

1 and 2 were good despite the lack of trueness to the comic in various ways (yeah so I read comics as a kid in the 70s, sue me) and despite Toby M being a horrible choice IMO. Maybe for the first one tops, but in the orig he quickly became a man, he didn't stay some squeaky-voiced kiddie looking dork. Also he cannot pull off the smart-aleck factor of Spiderman to save his life. I cringed every time he tried. Didn't see 3, and just as well from the sounds of it. I don't know why, but this seems to be a common mistake in these kind of movies ie cram too much into one film. Just one villian per flim please. I also cringe when I think of that Batman with Riddler, Mr Freeze, and God knows who else. Stoopid.

PS what the hell is a "reboot" - can't we keep the PC lingo to PCs :wacko::D

Edited by BeeR

reboot would be like a do over.

they should call it a reformat

Immediately, the news brought celebration and consternation equally to webslinger fanboys who say the reboot plot puts Peter Parker back in high school. There's also much unconfirmed speculation that this new franchise will be in 3D. And the fans also recall that, in 1991, James Cameron wrote a treatment for Spider-Man and now they're wondering if he might helm the reboot. (Sony ended up acquiring his treatment in a legal settlement.)

I'd like to see the Carnage series of comics make it to the silver screen.

Venom was portrayed so badly in Spiderman 3 when he should have been built up as more of a complex character. As said earlier, SM3 was too much weirdo Peter Parker and not enough villain development. SM4 could fix that as Venom becomes an antihero fighting alongside Spiderman.

:wacko:

It was almost as if Raimi was making fun of the Spider-Man character by making the 3rd movie all emo-y. Spider-Man has always been about personal responsibility and being careful of your actions. I've never read a comic where Spider-Man cried. Even when people he cared about died, he would go into a rage, not sit there and shed tears.

:D