[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Clark or Jermichael Finley in keep league?

brtdud7

Clark >> Finley

In part cuz Clark is really good and in part cuz Finley has a lot more competition and not just from the other two TEs, but four WRs and the RBs.

Clark's essentially Peyton's #2 option. That's huge.

This. Clark has steadily improved his receptions and yardage over the last 3 years, and TDs got back in form this season afterthe dip in 2008, though 6 TDs from a TE is still fairly solid.

And speaking of TDs, I think Finley fans need to be concerned that Havner had ONLY 7 catches this year, but FOUR of them for TDs!

Most of those were when Finley was out with an injury. :wacko:

When Finley was back in the second half of the year he LED the team in targets from Rodgers . . .

Didn't Havner get one this past weekend?

That is one. If you look at the games, 3 out of 4 TDs were in games that Finley DNP.

Considering he LED THE TEAM IN TARGETS the second half of the year, I will go out on a limb and state that he will get most of the looks in the red zone due to his height and matchup ability.

Havner is NOT a threat to Finley's TDs . . .

:wacko: I think it's a concern. He had four in the regular season and one in the post-season. Sounds like they're confident in him and that he'll vulture TDs here and there, enough to annoy.

Even if Finley is the best TE in the league, he'll have two TEs steal a little, then he'll have to compete for targets with four good WRs. Worst case scenario is that GB starts to distribute like NOS does.

Just sayin'.

As a Packer fan i completely disagree. almost all Havner's TDs occured when Finley was injured and not playing. When Finley came back, he started having stat lines that were better than a lot of WRs, let alone TES on a fairly consistent basis. In the playoff game, he had 7 catches for over 130 yards.

that is like saying if Stokely gets an occasional TD, that he is a "real threat" to take TDs and looks away from Brandon Marshall . . . . they arent in the same conversation.

Regardless of situation, I would go with Finley due to youth and ability.

Considering situation and age, I would give a slight edge to Clark right now in a PPR, but it is VERY close. Like almost flip a coin close.

Crazy talk.

I'm sure you are in a minority with Finley.

That said if the OP wants to move Clark for Finely he could easily get a decent player or pretty high pick thrown in. I know I would be willing to throw something in to get Clark

Clark >> Finley

In part cuz Clark is really good and in part cuz Finley has a lot more competition and not just from the other two TEs, but four WRs and the RBs.

Clark's essentially Peyton's #2 option. That's huge.

Clark is a better pick today, but by this time next year I believe that Finley will be right up there with Clark and Vernon Davis. If you wanted a prediction, I see 80 receptions right around 1000 yards and 8-9 touchdowns. He is the most impressive offensive player on that team outside of Rodgers.

Opie's part about Finley having a lot more competition is hogwash. Clark is the clear cut no.2 option behind one of the best players in the league, where as Finley has turned into Rodgers favorite/most reliable target. Finley doesn't have an elite WR1 to compete with, as Driver and Jennings are good to very good, but neither are great. Donald Lee probably won't make the roster and Spencer Havner had seven receptions on the year, so it's not as if either of those two are going to take much away from him. Grant and Jackson combined for 46 receptions and around 380 yards, so it's not as if the Packers throw the ball to runningbacks in this scheme.