[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SUVs

MrTed46

I currently have a BMW 3series (RWD) and I almost died this year in the snow storm. I did a 360 on a major road and I wasn't going fast at all. How I managed not to hit a car or even pedestrians on the curb is a miracle. This is why I want to get a luxury SUV. I don't need it to go off roading, towing, etc. I just want something that looks nice, is better than a RWD car in snow/rain and has a little extra cargo space.

Which luxury SUV looks the nicest to you guys? (assume they are all mechanically the same) I am going to start to rate the SUVs by looks then narrow it down based on features and reviews.

if the only reason you want an SUV is because of your rwd...then consider .................. these

i have an 01 330CI. my daily commute is Vail pass (not easy in my 7 month winter). handles great!!!

otherwise, bmw, audi, porsche. have you considered sports wagons?

Surely this is in the eye of the beholder? Some SUVs look to me to be beyond ugly but presumably their drivers don't think so. Wouldn't you be better off doing this the other way round - tech specs first, looks after?

I am just asking for the opinions of people...

If the car looks like a piece of chit I dont care about specs.

I actually like the Cadillac SRX but the engine is light..looks wise it grabbed my attention.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who care, I went ahead and bought a brand new 2009 Infiniti FX35. I fell in love with it when I saw it at the dealership and I went nuts when I test drove it. I wasn't planning on buying one (especially new) but the dealer REALLY made an offer I could not refuse. He wanted the last 2009 model sold and Infiniti gave the dealer "cash back" to get rid of the 2009 models. I went in on a Monday and got lucky.

Unfortunately, the day I got it, I parked it in my driveway went into my house, fell down stairs and broke my ankle. So I won't be able to drive it for a while.

For those who care, I went ahead and bought a brand new 2009 Infiniti FX35. I fell in love with it when I saw it at the dealership and I went nuts when I test drove it. I wasn't planning on buying one (especially new) but the dealer REALLY made an offer I could not refuse. He wanted the last 2009 model sold and Infiniti gave the dealer "cash back" to get rid of the 2009 models. I went in on a Monday and got lucky.

Unfortunately, the day I got it, I parked it in my driveway went into my house, fell down stairs and broke my ankle. So I won't be able to drive it for a while.

:wacko: What the.......????

Heal quickly! That car is awesome. :D

Which luxury SUV looks the nicest to you guys? (assume they are all mechanically the same) I am going to start to rate the SUVs by looks then narrow it down based on features and reviews.

Range Rover.

EDIT: Oops...too late I see.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Nice - that Nissian 3.5 really screams. :wacko: