[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another real estate question

Chief Dick

This time a staging question. The wife and I are kicking around the idea of selling and upgrading. So we have started the process of freshening up the house to get it ready for the market. I know staging is real important, so we are de-cluttering a lot of items around the house as well. My question is this:

Regarding personal photos: we have a fair amount of kids photos around the house. Is it better to put all of them away during the de-cluttering process, or is it not really a huge negative? We will take down probably 75% of them, just because I'm patching nail holes as I paint.

Just curious and also if anyone has other good tips for staging a house for sale.

I watch those HGTV shows, they say to remove ALL personal photos (also clutter & magnets on the fridge w/ kids school stuff), you want potential buyers to see themselves in your home and nothing else

I could see removing some to get rid of the clutter, but what if the people looking at the house have a family? Wouldn't it look better to see that a family lived in the house? But what the hell do I know.

I can tell ya that last year, our company, was hired by the stager to face lift a house,

paint the whole place, new granite tops, sand and finish the floors, electrical, etc....

the guy sold the house at the first open house! Got top dollar too....it's worth the effort.