[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some good news

bushwacked

damn..love hearing opinions of peeps that have never served in the military. Torture the SOB and lets get the info we need to save the lives of our soldiers. Screw the people that think its barbaric...join the military then and see if you like it..otherwise..call me sily call me rude, but call me please!!!!

have you ever tortured anyone? and i don't mean, ask them questions/interrogate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you ever tortured anyone? and i don't mean, ask them questions/interrogate.

Personally? No...but I never questioned the ethics of my military brethren. Would I feel quilty or quizy if I did? Absoloutley not. Does that make me a bad human being or a bad American? You can decide all you want but I would do whatever it takes to save YOUR life and the lives of my fellow military brothers and sisters.

Only with his chipped beef on toast . . . .

Ya mean Chit on a Shingle????? hahahahahahahhaa

:wacko:

glad to see you have a sense of humor afterall.

damn..love hearing opinions of peeps that have never served in the military. Torture the SOB and lets get the info we need to save the lives of our soldiers. Screw the people that think its barbaric...join the military then and see if you like it..otherwise..call me sily call me rude, but call me please!!!!

I like your open minded stance on the subject. Screw people who disagree with you--you may only have an opinion if you join the military.

I am sad for you that you are too ignorant to enter into a debate with someone who may have a differing view.

I like your open minded stance on the subject. Screw people who disagree with you--you may only have an opinion if you join the military.

I am sad for you that you are too ignorant to enter into a debate with someone who may have a differing view.

I've served in the military, like pretty much every male (and one female) member of my family and it's obvious to any thinking human being that torture gets you nothing but it does lower you to the enemy's level quite nicely.

I've served in the military, like pretty much every male (and one female) member of my family and it's obvious to any thinking human being that torture gets you nothing but it does lower you to the enemy's level quite nicely.

I would agree with your view but I never served in the military so I am not permitted to have an opinion on torture.

I served in the military as well and I agree with you for the most part. However, I think mild forms of torture (waterboarding, sleep deprivation, listening to BP or Ursa for extended periods of time) can be considered and shouldn't be left off the table.

Edited by tosberg34

if i was in a room with someone that had tried to or wanted to kill me, my family, or friends.........I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM HARMING THEM.

I can certainly sympathize with that because I would behave the same way if I was in that situation. And you can bet the guys doing the interrogating are seeing their fellow military brethren and friends being blown to bits and have no problem with it either. However, at what point does it stop? I just think that that type of mentality allows for dangerous abuses down the road and perhaps someone that is innocent has to endure the ordeal. Plus, I'm not sure that the people going thru it are just telling you what you want it to hear to get you to stop.

It's very thin ice, that's for sure.

I can certainly sympathize with that because I would behave the same way if I was in that situation. And you can bet the guys doing the interrogating are seeing their fellow military brethren and friends being blown to bits and have no problem with it either. However, at what point does it stop? I just think that that type of mentality allows for dangerous abuses down the road and perhaps someone that is innocent has to endure the ordeal. Plus, I'm not sure that the people going thru it are just telling you what you want it to hear to get you to stop.

It's very thin ice, that's for sure.

i agree. the guys doing the torturing are experts in their field. they arent have trouble sleeping at night. they know when someone is telling them the truth and know how to get it out of the person. and i agree its thin ice, but its the nasty world we live in. its not all roses and daisys like some people like to think.

like ive said before, do what has to be done for the us to be safe. period. if that means doing some sh!tty stuff to some sh!tty people, oh well.

Edited by dmarc117

i agree. the guys doing the torturing are experts in their field. they arent have trouble sleeping at night. they know when someone is telling them the truth and know how to get it out of the person. and i agree its thin ice, but its the nasty world we live in. its not all roses and daisys like some people like to think.

like ive said before, do what has to be done for the us to be safe. period. if that means doing some sh!tty stuff to some sh!tty people, oh well.

Like I said, I'm all for mild forms of torture (I'm not sure if I'd really classify it as torture), I'm just worried that someone goes over the edge and rips someone's fingernails out in the name of "justice".

Do you REALLY think that is what will make us safe? Seriously? Can you expound on how torturing people makes us safer?

ive said this before, and to you, i think. if torturing means getting any extra sliver of information on somebody with ill intentions towards the US, then do it. if it will save one life, do it. if it will prevent one bomb from going off, do it. if it will prevent one soldier from dying, do it.

ive said this before, and to you, i think. if torturing means getting any extra sliver of information on somebody with ill intentions towards the US, then do it. if it will save one life, do it. if it will prevent one bomb from going off, do it. if it will prevent one soldier from dying, do it.

Then you honestly believe that torture results in quality tactical information?

Personally? No...but I never questioned the ethics of my military brethren. Would I feel quilty or quizy if I did? Absoloutley not. Does that make me a bad human being or a bad American? You can decide all you want but I would do whatever it takes to save YOUR life and the lives of my fellow military brothers and sisters.

glad to see you have a sense of humor afterall.

Not sure if you're saying I "questioned the ethics of my military brethren", but I didn't.

Go back and read what I wrote. Torture doesn't only happen in the military.

I think it's very presumptuous of you to say how you would feel after you did something

you have never tried, especially torturing another human being. That makes the bad human/bad American a mute point.

Hopefully you will never know the real answer to those questions.

and

taz, I always have a sense of humor.

Waterboarding is not torture... JMO

and torture tactics have been used for a very long time, despite what you think. I'm sure there are a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that we will never know about.

Then you honestly believe that torture results in quality tactical information?

I do. It should not be the first thing tried but if the POS is not talking and you know he has info then by all means if torture gets it out of him and it has in the past then do it. These people don't care for our lives and the goal is to kill us - we should do whatever makes us safer.

So you honestly think that "torture" has NEVER got additional information? Seriously NEVER?

So you honestly think that "torture" has NEVER got additional information? Seriously NEVER?

When you have expereinced interrogators that say it is counter-productive, with concrete examples to prove it, that speaks volumes. Especially former military interrogators, who may or may not have seen both examples firsthand. Considering none of us have any first hand knowledge as we comfortably sit at home , , , I will believe those guys over Cheney who never served a day in the military . . and got 5 deferments during the Vietnam war.

Bottom line it results in more "wrong" information than right information. With published examples as proof . . .:wacko:. But it suuure makes you feel tougher talking about torture on a innernet message board, doesnt it? :D

I do. It should not be the first thing tried but if the POS is not talking and you know he has info then by all means if torture gets it out of him and it has in the past then do it. These people don't care for our lives and the goal is to kill us - we should do whatever makes us safer.

And if they DONT have the information? What then? Do you prosecute the torturers? Or do you just give people carte blanche to torture people because "you are pretttty sure" they might know something? Then it is Ok "because we thought he might have info"? Doesnt make us safer . . but makes us hypocrites of our US ideals and morals.