[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free day in NoCal

Jimmy Neutron

Thoughts of the pacific drew me to the coast - drove 101 for about 150 miles. Also spend an hour in a grove of redwoods - very cool to be among the ancient ones with nothing else around. I brought back 4 nice redwood limbs to make walking sticks for myself, my sons and a friend.

The drive on 299 from Redding to Eureka was simply fantastic. Any driving enthusiast visiting northern CA should make that drive. It's 120 miles each way and I hit the funnest sections 2-3 extra times. There are two sections that are series of very quick turns and banked fairly well - what a total blast! That G6 was brand new when I picked it up - I hope the rental place takes it back ok... :wacko: I was very jealous of the guy headed up the hill in a new C6 as I dropped off the west side.

I'll hit Tahoe on the next visit.

Thoughts of the pacific drew me to the coast - drove 101 for about 150 miles. Also spend an hour in a grove of redwoods - very cool to be among the ancient ones with nothing else around. I brought back 4 nice redwood limbs to make walking sticks for myself, my sons and a friend.

The drive on 299 from Redding to Eureka was simply fantastic. Any driving enthusiast visiting northern CA should make that drive. It's 120 miles each way and I hit the funnest sections 2-3 extra times. There are two sections that are series of very quick turns and banked fairly well - what a total blast! That G6 was brand new when I picked it up - I hope the rental place takes it back ok... :wacko: I was very jealous of the guy headed up the hill in a new C6 as I dropped off the west side.

I'll hit Tahoe on the next visit.

I have driven 299 about 40 times for work. I drove it once starting at 9:00 pm. Will never do that again. If I would have driven over the edge, I'd still be there. No cell coverage and my husband sitting at home, had no idea I was even on that road at that hour. Fun drive in the beginning but after a few years it got very old.