[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Laptop Question

untateve

My thanks to the others who responded to my other laptop question. I tried to get in using a different CD-ROM and was unable to do so. I brought my laptop to my computer guru and it is being looked at as I speak.

My question--if I need another laptop, this was suggested to me as a good replacement. I will only be using this laptop to write reports, e-mail, web surf and I will install 1-2 chess games on it.

Here are the specs:

15.6 screen

Intell Pentium T4300/2.1 ghz

3gb memory DDR3/1066

250 GB harddrive SATA 5400 rpm

DVD writer

wireless built in

windows 7 home - premium 32 bit

6-cell lithium battery ion

1 yr warranty

Cost = $580

Good deal or no?

Thanks for any input.

I'm not a whiz on CPUs and I don't keep up on the speed of everyones (because they change ver 3-6 months) but this looks solid:

3gb memory DDR3/1066

250 GB harddrive SATA 5400 rpm (<- 5400 is slower than the 7200 versions but if you are just saving reports it shouldn't matter).

DVD writer

wireless built in

windows 7 home - premium 32 bit

6-cell lithium battery ion

1 yr warranty

Just don't get a Dell...their batteries are crap. Or used to be. I don't know if they've fixed 'em, but they are crap covered in crap. My HP/Compaq has run excellent. I have no complaints. Her Dell purchased maybe 18 months ago has broke down like mad. :wacko:

Here's a Toshiba... a little cheaper, same processor, and a bigger drive.

A friend of mine just bought a similar one @ BB for $429 last week, but they no longer have it.

I have had good luck w/ my Tosh. Got it last March. Much faster than a Dell I bought 2 years ago, but that was not a dual core.