[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones a Chief

tazinib1

I don't think TJ has much left in the tank. I think he will get 25% of the carries and JC getting the remaining. I do see TJ getting the goaline.

I know, isn't it great......

My nemisis owns Charles and raped one of our rookie players in a trade for him. Granted, the rookie learned a hard leason but this is the best news of the day for me!!!

I know, isn't it great......

My nemisis owns Charles and raped one of our rookie players in a trade for him. Granted, the rookie learned a hard leason but this is the best news of the day for me!!!

Charles will still get his #s in a PPR. Maybe not stud #s but I would take Charles in all my leagues.

Charles will still get his #s in a PPR. Maybe not stud #s but I would take Charles in all my leagues.

IMHO, Charles moves from a #1 starter to a #2 with TJ now in the mix, but your correct. It doesn't change the fact he is a talented back but look what KC did when they had a horrid LJ!

As a Jamaal Charles owner in a keeper league, I'm definitely disappointed with this news. Jones was the one FA running back that I did NOT want the Chiefs to bring in. However, I'm not devastated and I still believe that Charles will be a very solid fantasy back. I've tempered my expectations a bit with this signing, but, I still like Charles moving forward. He proved himself plenty during the 2nd half of last season. He is a legitimate home-run threat.

As a Jamaal Charles owner in a keeper league, I'm definitely disappointed with this news. Jones was the one FA running back that I did NOT want the Chiefs to bring in. However, I'm not devastated and I still believe that Charles will be a very solid fantasy back. I've tempered my expectations a bit with this signing, but, I still like Charles moving forward. He proved himself plenty during the 2nd half of last season. He is a legitimate home-run threat.

I agree totally. Like you I was almost beside myself when I heard the Chiefs picked up Jones, but the more I think about it the more I think it won't hurt his numbers overall considering 2 main factors. The first being that Charles is a young, and now proven talented running back, with not much wear and tear while he averaged 6.2 yards every time he touched the ball last year (rushing and receiving combined). And lastly, with Jones being a solid presence in the backfield, Charles will have a better chance of staying fresh and healthy the entire season barring an unforeseen injury. If he only touches the ball 300 times next year (on the ground and through the air) that's over 1800 yards at 6.2 yards a touch. And that's only 70 more touches than last year. I think that's feasible. I'll take those numbers everyday and twice on Sunday.

I really dig the fact that most people think Jones will kill Charles's numbers. That way I can steal him later in the draft :wacko:

What about the last two years would make you doubt him>?

in week 15 he had 19 carries and averaged 2.7 ypc.

in week 16 vs ind he had 23 carries and averaged 4.6 ypc (but the Indy defense is pretty poor)

in week 17 he had 27 carries and averaged 2.9 ypc.

postseason week 1, 15 carries averaged 2.3 ypc

postseason week 2, 14 carries, averaged 2.9 ypc

postseason week 3, 16 carries averaged 2.6 ypc

Dont get me wrong, he still has value and I think it will be more of a 60/40 split in favor of Charles with TJ getting goal line love, but with that amazing O-line, it looked like TJ may have finally hit the wall . . .