[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More charming news: foods becoming less healthy in general

BeeR

Yup, this is one of the reasons I've started preparing as much food as I can by myself. The less processed food is, the better it is for you. I also shop at the local farmer's market as much as possible to try and minimize the amount of chemicals and genetic modification being done to the food I buy. I know I can't totally eliminate it (for instance, almost all strains of corn or tomatoes grown are some type of hybrid that require large amounts of fertilizer and pesticide) unless I shop totally organic, but I'll certainly do what I can.

Yeah I've never really been at either extreme, ie lots of "bad" food or a big health nut but watching it more as I get older. Thing is that companies know people are getting more into this and so stretch the use of terms like "organic,' "natural flavorings" (etc) as much as they can.

Watching "Food Inc" probably didn't hurt either :wacko:

Check out Food Inc.

This was an eye opening documentary. Definately worth netflixing.

Bottom line: Eat whole foods as much as possible, and support your local farmers markets.

Netflix hell, watch for free online.

There was some good stuff in there, but I'm not as enthused about it as I was when I first saw. A little too slanted on the "evil big corporations" angle, for ex.

Check out Food Inc.

This was an eye opening documentary. Definately worth netflixing.

Bottom line: Eat whole foods as much as possible, and support your local farmers markets.

Netflix hell, watch for free online.

There was some good stuff in there, but I'm not as enthused about it as I was when I first saw. A little too slanted on the "evil big corporations" angle, for ex.

My biological father is an exe at Smithfield. I can tell you that the illegals portion of food, inc was very BS, fact, 1st hand knowledge.