[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derek Anderson signs with....

keggerz

Leinart becomes a sad, sad little man today.

I'm actually not much of an Anderson fan, however, this is probably the best place he could end up at. All the passing help he needs to be effective ..... as long as they make the nesessary improvements to that O line.

no way! he's better than Scott Mitchell!

(I know, I know, that's not saying much)

but he'll definitely challenge Lineart for the starting gig.

He may challenge Leinart, but that says more about Leinart then Anderson.

Anderson - million dollar arm, ten cent head

(From now on I'm going to boil my analysis down to cliche after cliche)

CLEVELAND -- Former Browns quarterback Derek Anderson has agreed to terms with the Arizona Cardinals, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

It's a two-year worth up to $18.25 million, depending on games started. The minimum is $7.25 million if he's strictly a backup.

Anderson was released last week before the Browns had to pay him a $2 million roster bonus. He was set to make $9.45 million overall in 2010.

Championship

Anderson gets $7.5 million over two years

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 17, 2010 2:41 PM ET

If Arizona's aggressive pursuit of quarterbacks this offseason didn't get Matt Leinart's attention, Derek Anderson's contract will.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Anderson will get $7.25 million over the next two years. $3.25 million is guaranteed and Anderson could make $18.25 million if he reached every incentive. (Wow.)

That's the kind of money you get to start second on the depth chart, with a legitimate chance to rise. It's $1 million more in base salary than David Carr saw, which makes sense considering Arizona's quarterback position is more available.

Leinart still looks like the favorite to start in Week One, but it wouldn't be a shock to see Anderson starting before Week Ten.

There have been plenty of whispers the Cardinals aren't fully on board with Leinart as the team's quarterback of the future, and the team has backed those rumors up this offseason.