[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need help w/ my last keeper

takoboy

hey all -- in a 12 team league, starting 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, d and k. passing td's are 4, all others are 6. 0.5 pts per reception, and bonuses at 100 yds for wr and rb and 300 yds for qbs

our rules state that a player selected from the 4th round on can be kept the following year for a pick 2 rounds earlier. for example, in 2009 i chose ray rice in the 6th round and will be keeping him in 2010 for a 4th rounder. one can also trade picks for players. for example i could give ray rice to another drafter for their 4th round pick in 2010, thus they would have ray rice but no 4th round pick and i would not have ray rice but would have 2 4th round draft picks.

i can keep at most 3 players, but can trade away as many guys for picks as i want to.

here's my options:

roddy white (kept from 2008, would have to give up 2010 3rd round draft pick)

ray rice (would have to give up 2010 4th rounder)

lesean mccoy (would have to give up 2010 6th rounder)

rashard mendenhall (would have to give up 2010 8th rounder)

owen daniels (would have to give up 2010 7th rounder)

jermichael finley (picked up as a f/a in 2009, would have to give up 2010 7th rounder)

fred davis (same as finley)

rice and mendenhall are definites. have no idea who to keep for the last one. mccoy's got the highest ceiling, roddy's so consistent and only gonna grow w/ ryan. finley is just a beast and i'm thinking he's a top 5 te in 2010. kinda wanna keep finley and hope somebody offers me their 3rd for roddy, and somebody else offers me their 6th for mccoy.

decisions in our league our a little tougher imho b/c guys like chris johnson, rice, turner, mendenhall, benson, deangelo, knowshon, shonn greene, beanie for rb's, rodgers, schaub, rivers for qb's, desean, vincent jackson, austin, sidney rice, crabtree, nicks are all probably gonna be kept. pickings are kinda slim in our drafts.

wow, sorry this is so long. any advice greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Agree that Rice and mendenhall are worth keeping with their current cost.

Solicit offers first. If you get any worth taking, deal those guys and keep the other.

With the limit of only 2 RBs and no flex, McCoy has reduced value to you, so I would prefer dealing him and being able to keep White. Same goes for the TEs. Look to deal and take what you can get, or toss them back. At this point in time, TE appears relatively deeper than years past, so it will be easier to either take one of the guys you currently have or even improve on that a few rounds into your draft.

As always is the case with all limited keeper leagues, you need to find the guy who has one stud and two weaker keepers. I would target the Fitz and AJ owners and offer a McCoy/White package and hope they bite.

If all things fail, you could do much much worse than Roddy White as your WR1 and third keeper. He is still solid value at a 3rd round pick cost.

Agree that Rice and mendenhall are worth keeping with their current cost.

Solicit offers first. If you get any worth taking, deal those guys and keep the other.

With the limit of only 2 RBs and no flex, McCoy has reduced value to you, so I would prefer dealing him and being able to keep White. Same goes for the TEs. Look to deal and take what you can get, or toss them back. At this point in time, TE appears relatively deeper than years past, so it will be easier to either take one of the guys you currently have or even improve on that a few rounds into your draft.

All of the above sounds like a reasonable plan to me.