[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is why we can't ban guns...

Avernus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, sir, have an enlightened bride. Mine doesn't like it when I eye-f...k with other women. :tup:

You ever watch "It's me or the Dog". There's something about that Brit chippie in her jackboots that Mrs. WV wanted to have her come over for some "training" even before we got the dog! :tup:

She's all talk though... :wacko:

Oh, and as a rule, unless the cop is sniper/swat trained, I'd put myself, Perch or Jimmy up against most. People think the cops are well trained in the use of firearms, but they're really not. :tup:

Sadly true. I shoot with a lot of LEOs and most need a lot more training and practice. One notable exception was a guy that trained the FBI Hostage agents. We went 1-2 for the shoot and his time was almost half of mine. :wacko: That guy made Robocop look like Barney Fife.

If any of you pistol shooters haven't tried this - go do it! IDPA Competition

That looks like fun. I wonder how well he did with his off hand.

Shooting off hand is tough. There is at least one stage each match that requires off hand shots. I can shoot accurately or fast off hand, but not both. :wacko:

Buy a couple extra mags for the Kimber and give it a whirl, Perch. It is serious fun.

So the cops were chasing someone recently in the neighborhood. I knew this because the helicopter seemed like it was going to land in my front yard. Kids freaking out and everything. I wasn't going to assist the cops but I had what I believe to be legitimate concerns whoever they were chasing might break into my house in an attempt to hide.

So I grabbed the shotgun just to be safe. I wasn't running around the house like a lunatic or anything I just went to my bedroom, grabbed the 12 gauge, made sure it was loaded and went and sat on the front porch by myself. T

I hear what must be a big comotion althought I can barely make it out over the helicopter. I think it's coming from the back yard. Wife and kids already freaked out, helicopter still hovering what seems like directly over our front yard with the spotlight scanning all over the block. I rapidly head back to the back yard with the shotgun. Kids and wifes' freakout increase exponentionally (sp?) as I head into the back yard shotgun in hand.

The boston terrier and pit bull had freaked out due to the helicopter and had begun fighting each other. I broke that up, the helicpter flew off, no incident.

The shotgun really freaked out the baby and 6 year old. So now I'm thinking I want a pistol again. If I loved my old Sig P226 is there any reason to look elsewhere?

Edited by Clubfoothead

So the cops were chasing someone recently in the neighborhood. I knew this because the helicopter seemed like it was going to land in my front yard. Kids freaking out and everything. I wasn't going to assist the cops but I had what I believe to be legitimate concerns whoever they were chasing might break into my house in an attempt to hide.

So I grabbed the shotgun just to be safe. I wasn't running around the house like a lunatic or anything I just went to my bedroom, grabbed the 12 gauge, made sure it was loaded and went and sat on the front porch by myself. T

I hear what must be a big comotion althought I can barely make it out over the helicopter. I think it's coming from the back yard. Wife and kids already freaked out, helicopter still hovering what seems like directly over our front yard with the spotlight scanning all over the block. I rapidly head back to the back yard with the shotgun. Kids and wifes' freakout increase exponentionally (sp?) as I head into the back yard shotgun in hand.

The boston terrier and pit bull had freaked out due to the helicopter and had begun fighting each other. I broke that up, the helicpter flew off, no incident.

The shotgun really freaked out the baby and 6 year old. So now I'm thinking I want a pistol again. If I loved my old Sig P226 is there any reason to look elsewhere?

Sounds like an exciting night. A fight between a Boston terrier and a Pit sounds more like: snack.

Hard to beat a Sig if you liked it. They are great pistols, but on the spendy side. If you haven't tried a 1911, give it a go - it has many features worthy of shameless worship. :wacko:

Sounds like an exciting night. A fight between a Boston terrier and a Pit sounds more like: snack.

Hard to beat a Sig if you liked it. They are great pistols, but on the spendy side. If you haven't tried a 1911, give it a go - it has many features worthy of shameless worship. :wacko:

True Dat!

I'd also say for home protection I'd still use the shotgun. The kids will get over it, and the shotgun is by far and away the best home protection weapon. Even as much as I shoot my pistols, if some breaks into my house I have a Browning A5 with the plug removed just waiting for them, and the wife has a Remington 870 Wingmaster ready to go. #1 Buckshot is the best home defense load in a 12 gauge unless you live in an apartment in which case yo would want to use a #4 birdshot as it not very likely to penetrate the walls and kill your neighbor.

Love my sig 1911, I just stroked it lightly... the gun, you freaking perverts...