[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 113

Gopher

I've passed on the past couple of PPV events, but I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing this one tonight... Too many intriguing fights for me to sit home and not watch:

Machida vs. Shogun II - The first fight was VERY close, and a lot of people thought Shogun should have taken the belt. Looking forward to this one.

Koscheck vs. Daley - Paul Daley has a couple of impressive wins in the past nine months, both by KO/TKO in the first round (Hazelett, Kampmann). Love him or hate him, Josh Koscheck is usually entertaining in the octagon. This should be a very tough test for him, as Daley is a freak.

Kimbo vs. Mitrione - I'll be pulling for Kimbo in this one. If these guys both come into this fight in good shape, it could be a very entertaining fight.

Cote vs. Belcher - Two talented/exciting middleweights... Belcher has won three of his last four fights, while I believe this is Cote's first fight since losing to Silva over 18 months ago. Prior to that, Cote had won four straight, including wins over Grove, McFedries, and Almeida.

I could go on and on, as there are a number of other exciting fighters on this card... Sam Stout, Marcus Davis, Johny Hendricks, Jason McDonald. Should be a good night of fights, and hopefully an opportunity for the UFC to bounce back from what I heard was a stinker last month, overseas. :wacko:

I've passed on the past couple of PPV events, but I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing this one tonight... Too many intriguing fights for me to sit home and not watch:

Machida vs. Shogun II - The first fight was VERY close, and a lot of people thought Shogun should have taken the belt. Looking forward to this one.

Koscheck vs. Daley - Paul Daley has a couple of impressive wins in the past nine months, both by KO/TKO in the first round (Hazelett, Kampmann). Love him or hate him, Josh Koscheck is usually entertaining in the octagon. This should be a very tough test for him, as Daley is a freak.

Kimbo vs. Mitrione - I'll be pulling for Kimbo in this one. If these guys both come into this fight in good shape, it could be a very entertaining fight.

Cote vs. Belcher - Two talented/exciting middleweights... Belcher has won three of his last four fights, while I believe this is Cote's first fight since losing to Silva over 18 months ago. Prior to that, Cote had won four straight, including wins over Grove, McFedries, and Almeida.

I could go on and on, as there are a number of other exciting fighters on this card... Sam Stout, Marcus Davis, Johny Hendricks, Jason McDonald. Should be a good night of fights, and hopefully an opportunity for the UFC to bounce back from what I heard was a stinker last month, overseas. :wacko:

Give me Shogun with his vicious leg kicks

Kos with ground and pound

Mitrione by KO

Cote by UD

A few thoughts... Daley should be released from his contract immediatly. That was the most cowardly act I've ever seen in MMA. If you want to be a badass and throw a punch, do it at some point in the previous 15 minutes instead of having your ass handed to you. The guy was a hype machine that was exactly what Kos said... A one demensional fighter. To pull some bs like that and sucker punch a fighter is bush league and he should be cut ten minutes ago. As far as the phantom knee, yes Kos acted it up, but Daley can avoid that by NOT THROWING A KNEE AT A DOWNED OPPONENT. The guy is clearly not up to par mentally and has no business being in the cage.

I am glad to see Kos get a rematch at GSP. Kos is a much smarter/established fighter then his first go around with GSP, and I still don't think he has too great of a shot, but someone like Daley would be done in a few minutes. That and Koschek will be money on the ultimate fighter. Hopefully he pressess charges against Dailey, as what he did was assult. This could cost Daley a work Visa, which would pretty much end his UFC career.

Shogun has officially returned to his Pride form. Dominating flurries of punches with speed and precision. Seeing him win the title after the debacle in pride, and then two knee injuries was good to see. To think he's only 28 years old is downright scary. I think Shogun Zulu'd Machida before the fight. Machida didn't look comfortable at any point in the short fight. He's going to have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what went wrong.

Dana White just confirmed that Daley is gone.

UFC President Dana White said afterward that he's firing Daley from the UFC.

"He's done," White said. "I don't care if he's the best 170 pound guy in the world. He'll never come back here again."

White called Daley's sucker punch "one of the dumbest things I've ever seen," and said that there's nothing Daley can do to get back into the UFC's good graces now.

"I don't care if he fights in every show across the world," White said. "He will never fight in the UFC again. Done."

Koscheck, who appeared on ESPN2 after the fight, was more charitable.

"I hope the best for Paul Daley," Koscheck said. "I don't dislike him. I dislike how he acted but I don't dislike him and I hope the UFC will give him another chance."

Thank you Dana.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Can anyone give me an update on the Kimbo fight?

Typical Kimbo... gassed after about 3 minutes. Mitrione was in better shape, was more technically sound, and pretty much beat Kimbo up. Didn't do a whole lot of "damage," so to speak, but Kimbo was simply too tired to do much more than defend himself (and he could barely do that).

Disappointing, too, because I would have liked to have seen Mitrione get punched right in the teeth... He, and his crazy-man smile, are getting pretty old/annoying. Shouldn't be too long before he gets his ass kicked, though... the fact that he had trouble getting the ref to stop the fight, against a basically defenseless Kimbo, tells me all I need to know about Mitrione. He may have decent skills, but when he meets a legit heavyweight, he'll get destroyed.

Typical Kimbo... gassed after about 3 minutes. Mitrione was in better shape, was more technically sound, and pretty much beat Kimbo up. Didn't do a whole lot of "damage," so to speak, but Kimbo was simply too tired to do much more than defend himself (and he could barely do that).

Disappointing, too, because I would have liked to have seen Mitrione get punched right in the teeth... He, and his crazy-man smile, are getting pretty old/annoying. Shouldn't be too long before he gets his ass kicked, though... the fact that he had trouble getting the ref to stop the fight, against a basically defenseless Kimbo, tells me all I need to know about Mitrione. He may have decent skills, but when he meets a legit heavyweight, he'll get destroyed.

Typical Kimbo