[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You should watch this

Brentastic

I may come off as arrogant but it's really just passion. I'll be the first to admit that I'm learning as I go along, the world is vast and complex and the more I search for truth, the more I see similar plots being told by varrying angles - all leading to one big obvious result - A VERY SELECT FEW PEOPLE RULE THE WORLD. Granted the thought of this has always been some inherent knowledge for probably many of us, but when you really break it down, fact by fact, it's very disturbing. This deflationary depression I keep talking about, could potentially be pivotal in mixing the right components of anger, emotion and action in place so we the people can get our country back. Everyone needs to swallow their pride, realize we've been duped and brainwashed, and then formulate a plan and subsequent action.

The title of this video is mis-leading, it's more about the banking elite controlling the world rather than anti-Obama. It mentions early that the last real president was Kennedy and everyone since is a puppet chosen by the global elite. Just to be clear, the video is NOT anti-liberal nor is it anti-conservative, it addresses the new world order that has been set in motion. And I'm not a big fan of the fear-mongering music etc... and blow-hardedness of the host. There are enough facts in this though, to hopefully prompt a meaningful discussion on this alarming topic of new world order.

What I hope it does, is pull huddlers together that have varrying views on government, sticking up for the left or the right etc... while refusing to see the big picture and possibly unify us into a people. I know it sounds corny, but there is some downright evil diaper dirt that has been going on and they are getting sloppy - it's the perfect time for the people of this country to get our country back. It's just under 2 hours long but worth it, IMO.

What I hope it does, is pull huddlers together that have varrying views on government, sticking up for the left or the right etc... while refusing to see the big picture and possibly unify us into a people.

This is why I rarely post in the tailgate. Lemmings that follow a party and defend their criminals of choice are counterproductive to meaningful change. Democrat and Republican are basically meaningless labels. It is the power elite vs. the non power elite. People don't want to believe that though. If you do, you are ridiculed and called a wacko. By the time the masses wake up to reality it will be too late.

it should not be shocking to anyone that money runs this world.

Agreed, but I don't think enough people have broken down the detail and facts. This is serious diaper dirt that needs to be dealt with. This system is at a crossroads on a deadly path for all of us. We need to unite and refuse to comply with this NWO. We are many, they are few and the solution can be peaceful and simple but it does require action by all of us.

This is why I rarely post in the tailgate. Lemmings that follow a party and defend their criminals of choice are counterproductive to meaningful change. Democrat and Republican are basically meaningless labels. It is the power elite vs. the non power elite. People don't want to believe that though. If you do, you are ridiculed and called a wacko. By the time the masses wake up to reality it will be too late.

+billion.

some people I know believe it, but don't want others to think they are nuts....

if you know how humans in general operate, then you know how humans are when they have great amounts of power/money...

some people will try to make this place better, but most will use their power to their own advantage..

Im with you Brent. I gave a buddy of mine the benefit of the doubt, and he never once tried to persuade me on anything. He showed me some videos, just like you are here, and I formed my own opinion based on facts. I used to call him nuts. Asked if he was in a cult. Thought he was the most ridiculous fool in the world. What needs to happen, is people need to just be a little more open minded and take a bit of time to watch some videos like this. I havent yet, but I will watch this as soon as I get a chance.

The world is not what we have been brought up to think it is. I can promise you you will see things differntly if you just keep an open mind.

That was a really interesting retort because, more recently, I have been somewhat swayed and sympathetic to the anger of the huddled masses. While the guy is pretty arrogant, he's basically saying "you benefit from our crumbs;" he has a point.

I only wish that the hard work, long hours, large bladders, and big brains of the Wall Street wizards would be targeted at more productive (of course I am defining "productive") enterprises. While I now understand that what Wall Street does has some functional merit (hooking up supplies and demands for money mostly, thereby faciitating growth of businesses), I think that a lot of the stuff they do is not productive (arbitrage).

That was a really interesting retort because, more recently, I have been somewhat swayed and sympathetic to the anger of the huddled masses. While the guy is pretty arrogant, he's basically saying "you benefit from our crumbs;" he has a point.

I only wish that the hard work, long hours, large bladders, and big brains of the Wall Street wizards would be targeted at more productive (of course I am defining "productive") enterprises. While I now understand that what Wall Street does has some functional merit (hooking up supplies and demands for money mostly, thereby faciitating growth of businesses), I think that a lot of the stuff they do is not productive (arbitrage).

dont just think that, its da truth

You almost sound like what they do is ok and that we should be grateful for their crumbs :wacko:

Wall Street is the scumb of our country and of the earth. They deserve no pity nor justification of their behavior. GS, JP Morgan and the Federal Reserve all need to be abolished if you ask me - they're all crooks that are litterally stealing money from anyone who actually pays taxes and works for a living - the little guys.

The title of this video is mis-leading, it's more about the banking elite controlling the world rather than anti-Obama. It mentions early that the last real president was Kennedy and everyone since is a puppet chosen by the global elite. Just to be clear, the video is NOT anti-liberal nor is it anti-conservative, it addresses the new world order that has been set in motion. And I'm not a big fan of the fear-mongering music etc... and blow-hardedness of the host. There are enough facts in this though, to hopefully prompt a meaningful discussion on this alarming topic of new world order.

You probably should have emphasized this a lot more, but it probably won't matter. Likely most liberals/Obama fans will see the title and either immediately dismiss it or be somewhat if not extremely closed-minded about it. And yeah if it had an anti-Bush title on it, same would go for an equal # of conservatives/Bush fans. That's how mindless many (most?) people's approach to politics has become and I suspect no small part of why it's easier than ever to sway/rule the masses. People don't THINK any more; they'd rather take the easy path of using a "my side vs their side" mentality, almost like they were watching a ball game. Their party's candidate could be clearly worse than the other one, but they'll bury their head in the sand and vote for him anyway.

Am about 15-20 mins into the video - reserving judgment for now. It is over the top in some ways as I figured, but appears at the least worth a watch, if for no other reason than to get thinking about/considering such things, esp the "hidden power" of big banking/corp's. Really, does any adult capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time seriously not get that if not "ultimate" power, certainly at least one hell of a lot of power is "hidden?" That's why some of the most powerful corporations are out there aren't even familiar to people. They think of things like AOL or Coca-Cola as entirely separate, individual, uncontrolled companies. Which is exactly how the mega-corp's want it and in fact planned it all along.

Edited by BeeR

You probably should have emphasized this a lot more, but it probably won't matter. Likely most liberals/Obama fans will see the title and either immediately dismiss it or be somewhat if not extremely closed-minded about it. And yeah if it had an anti-Bush title on it, same would go for an equal # of conservatives/Bush fans. That's how mindless many (most?) people's approach to politics has become and I suspect no small part of why it's easier than ever to sway/rule the masses. People don't THINK any more; they'd rather take the easy path of using a "my side vs their side" mentality, almost like they were watching a ball game. Their party's candidate could be clearly worse than the other one, but they'll bury their head in the sand and vote for him anyway.

Am about 15-20 mins into the video - reserving judgment for now. It is over the top in some ways as I figured, but appears at the least worth a watch, if for no other reason than to get thinking about/considering such things, esp the "hidden power" of big banking/corp's. Really, does any adult capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time seriously not get that if not "ultimate" power, certainly at least one hell of a lot of power is "hidden?" That's why some of the most powerful corporations are out there aren't even familiar to people. They think of things like AOL or Coca-Cola as entirely separate, individual, uncontrolled companies. Which is exactly how the mega-corp's want it and in fact planned it all along.

it actually gets better...I watched this a year ago as I own the DVD :wacko: it was highly recommended by someone I know and it actually covers a lot of crazy things....

watch the whole thing if you can...even if it's in pieces...

it actually gets better...I watched this a year ago as I own the DVD :wacko: it was highly recommended by someone I know and it actually covers a lot of crazy things....

watch the whole thing if you can...even if it's in pieces...

+1. After the first 30 minutes it gets better.

Arbitrage is occurs naturally in all walks of life.

If beans are $1.00 / can at Price Chopper but $0.75 / can at Safeway, we go to Safeway. Price shopping for your groceries (or a car, or whatever) is similar to arbitrage.

If Goldman Sachs can buy gold for $1.00 in London or $0.9995 in Tokyo, they buy it and store it in their vaults in Tokyo and sell some out of their vaults in the UK. This is actual arbitrage.

The fact of the matter is that effective arbitrage (generally) lowers prices paid by consumers for their food, stocks for their mutual funds or any of a variety of things. When leverage is added and something unexpected occurs, it can create quite a bit of volatiliity (that will generally right itself once other new (or previously unleveraged) arbitraguers show up).

Bottom line: Aribitrage isn't a bad thing, it just feels a little too theoretical to be practical to most people (and as a result, can be labelled as being 'bad'). Arbitrage with oodles of leverage can be something else entirely, though (i.e., "actually bad" as opposed to "feels like its bad").

but they are good......

Goldman Sachs’s first-quarter earnings were overshadowed by the Securities and Exchange’s civil charges against the fraud. But as Bloomberg News points out, there was plenty of good news for the firm, at least business-wise.

Goldman posted no less than $25 million in trading net revenue every day during the quarter, according to its 10-Q regulatory filing. For the first time in its history, it reported no net loss on any day.

“This is the first time we have reported zero trading loss days in a quarter,” Samuel Robinson, a Goldman Sachs spokesman, told Bloomberg via e-mail. “We believe it shows the strength of our customer franchise and risk management.”

The breakdown, on page 121 of the 10-Q, is as follows:

* 7 days at $25 million to $50 million

* 50 days at $50 million to $75 million

* 16 days at $75 million to $100 million

* 35 days at more than $100 million

:wacko:

Edited by dmarc117

Arbitrage is occurs naturally in all walks of life.

If beans are $1.00 / can at Price Chopper but $0.75 / can at Safeway, we go to Safeway. Price shopping for your groceries (or a car, or whatever) is similar to arbitrage.

If Goldman Sachs can buy gold for $1.00 in London or $0.9995 in Tokyo, they buy it and store it in their vaults in Tokyo and sell some out of their vaults in the UK. This is actual arbitrage.

The fact of the matter is that effective arbitrage (generally) lowers prices paid by consumers for their food, stocks for their mutual funds or any of a variety of things. When leverage is added and something unexpected occurs, it can create quite a bit of volatiliity (that will generally right itself once other new (or previously unleveraged) arbitraguers show up).

Bottom line: Aribitrage isn't a bad thing, it just feels a little too theoretical to be practical to most people (and as a result, can be labelled as being 'bad'). Arbitrage with oodles of leverage can be something else entirely, though (i.e., "actually bad" as opposed to "feels like its bad").

I'm way out of my league here compared to your knowledge but I do not think that a consumer seeking out the best buy is relevant to this discussion. I think the bean example is not even conceptually arbitrage because arbitrage involves the buying and selling of identical items.

My understanding of arbitrage, as practiced on Wall Street, is similar to the gold analogy. GS buys X units of gold in London at $100B and can sell it in Tokyo at $101B. GS' bottom line improves by $1B by exploiting the abiity to buy and sell the same item at different prices in different places.

For this specific example, where is the benefit to me, Joe Schmoe? The only way I can figure it is that some crumbs from GS's salaries will eventually trickle down to me, expecially if I wait tables at 11 Madison Park or Per Se.

Edited by MojoMan

Your prices for gold are lower because they buy at $100 and sell at $101 ... rather than not buying or selling ...

Arbitrage gets prices to where they "should be" faster than absent the arbitraguer (i.e., the person performing the arbitrage).

Arbitrage on leverage is a whole other animal, though.

BTW, the manufacture of any product contains certain arbitrage elements.

Take the bottle of epsom salts in your cabinet.

The manufacturer goes long (i.e., he buys) a filling machine, a big hopper to dump it in, bulk epsom salts and a cardboard box for the finished good ... in hopes that he can sell the filled item for less than his cost of manufacture, storage and transportation. Assuming that the risk of manufacture is 0% (i.e., all bulk epsom salts will find their way into finished goods with no waste), some financial types would call this a "calendar spread" (i.e., the risk is related to the time required to pass by between the date of purchase and the date of sale).

This type of thing happens in the financial markets too ... for example, buy a put on the S&P500 at 1140 for $1 that expires in May and sell a call on the S&P500 at 1140 for $2 that expires in June. What is this trader doing? As long as the market is at 1141 ($1140 + $2 premium received - $1 premium paid) or less at the date of expiration in June, he will make money; if it also so happens to be below 1140 at the date of expiration in May, he'll make even more. However, if the market is above 1141 at the June expiry he may or may not lose money (depending on whether or not he made money on the May portion of the trade). This type of a trade can be called a "calendar spread".

Another trader could buy the 1140 S&P500 May put, sell an 1130 May put and a 1150 May call ... his out of pocket is (say) $0 ... so, if he's right (i.e., the market drops at least to 1130 on the day the May options expire), he will pocket the profits made ... in this case $10 difference between the 1140 put and the 1130 put. In this case, there is no calendar aspect as all options expire at the same time. It's all price-related.

...which is pretty much the same thing as the cattle rancher who takes a load of stockers (i.e., the cows that have just been weaned from mama) and knows that his neighbor wants to buy half the load ... the rancher knows his cost is (say) $450 / each and he can sell them to his neighbor for $460 / each ... all he needs to do is take delivery of the cattle and make sure that they're healthy and he makes $10 / cow that is sold to his neighbor.

...which is pretty much the same thing as a manufacturer who gets a custom build job ... they know how much it'll cost and how much they'll make ... they just need to execute and keep costs under control and they'll make a profit ...

I'm about an hour in. The "Obama the Evil One" thing is starting to wear thin :wacko: They're harping and harping on how he broke campaign promises - gasp. I guess that might be a shocker to the mindless masses who voted for form over substance and looked at him like some kind of Messiah, but hardly to the rest of us who knew all along that he was playing them like a violin. Hello, he's a politician; they all do it.

In fact, I really wish there was a feasible way to hold these guys to their campaign promises up to a certain degree or else they are "fired." Oh well

PS loved this line: "The Federal Reserve is no more 'federal' than Federal Express."

Edit: about 90 mins in. First let me say I wouldn't be surprised if our country/world digressed into some kind of Orwellian nightmare - in fact I half expect it sooner or later, just hope it's much later - but they're getting into some pretty paranoid claims. eg how "usaserve.org" is some recruiting tool so Obama/whoever can build a million man "civilian army." :tup: It's a community volunteer site. Their rantings about DoD Directive 1410 are similarly shall we say a bit of a reach.

However that said, the quip from Obama in a speech saying we need a "security national civilian force that's just as strong and powerful well-funded" as our military is a more than a little disturbing. And I'm a long-time defense contractor.

Edited by BeeR

Interesting, the full length version of this movie was PULLED from Youtube and Google on a "copyright flagging." Not exactly the way to go about quelling conspiracy theories I would think. :wacko: