[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin or Dez Bryant ?

Would you rather have Boldin who you know will be a really good player for the next 3-4 years or would you rather roll the dice on Dez Bryant who will probably be about as productive as Boldin in years 3-4 but not as good in years 1-2 but if he is good will be around for 10 years while Bodlin only has about 4-5 years left.

This is the decision I am fighting over with myself right now. I for some reason have a gut feeling that Dez Bryant may become the next great WR. I had this feeling twice in the last 12 years.

The 1st time I had this gut feeling was in 1998 with Randy Moss.

The 2nd time I had this same gut feeling was in 2004 with Larry Fitzgerald.

This is the 3rd I have now had this gut feeling about a WR.

If my feeling is right this is a no brainer trade. I love Boldin (I gave up Charles for him) but if Bryant is who I think he is then I will be a very happy person with this deal.

Thoughts ?

Probably be as productive as Boldin? It's a gamble. Do you realize how many first round WR's bust?

Yes I do actually. I spent the last few weeks looking at the 1st/2nd round drafts for the 13 years I have been in this league.

1st/2nd round rookie drafts I mean for my leauge (not the NFL)

In any event about 75% are busts. About another 10-15% are decent players or up and down types like Addai, Benson, ect.

Only about 10-15% are truely stars.

That is why it is tough call but I had the same feeling about Ray Rice 2 years ago and never forced a trade to happen to get him.

He went 7th in my rookie draft and I could have got him for a decent player easily at the time.

Now he is worth the world.

There is something about Dez I really like.

It is going to be tough though people in my league think draft picks are the world.

I probably have to give up the world to get the 2 pick to land him.

Go with your gut feel. It's better to follow your gut and be wrong than the other way. I think Boldin will be hugh this year and next, but Dez has the potential to eclipse anything Boldin has done or will do. So, are you the play it safe kind (I don't think so) and wish to keep the known quantity that has a little risk of injury, or do you like to gamble on futures (a lot of money is made this way) and want to go for the possible Randy Moss type dominant WR?

I guess depending on your wr depth and depending on wether your rebuilding or going for the trophy, if I had depth I would pull the trigger........tentivately but yes.

Dez will play in a dome with upside and Boldin is on the down ward of his career soooooooo.......

If I where you and this was a straight trade (Boldin for Bryant) I would keep boldin. I cant see the future but are you going to keep Boldin for 3-4 years, or will you trade him in 1-2 for a younger guy and possibly a 1st rnd pick?

If I where you and this was a straight trade (Boldin for Bryant) I would keep boldin. I cant see the future but are you going to keep Boldin for 3-4 years, or will you trade him in 1-2 for a younger guy and possibly a 1st rnd pick?

I can keep Boldin for as long as I want but I am looking at things like Salary cap as well as youth here.

If I don't trade him now I may never get to (I might be able to trade him during the season if he starts blowing up at the start)

But if I trade him in season all I can get is a 1st rounder at best that I won't know where it will end up being might be the 1 or the 10 depending on how that team finishes.

That is if I can get a 1st rounder at all. These people hate to give up anything in trade it seems they want to get over on you.

I was told by 1 team that Boldin is only worth 1 2nd round pick this year (he offered pick 14 straight up for Boldin)

He said he was too old to get anything more for him.

Another guy offered the 12 and 21 for him.

I don't want those picks those are crapshoots in this year's draft.

The only thing I would trade Boldin for right now is a top 3 for this year (which I can then get Bryant or Mathews) because Spiller is going 1st I know.

I would consider a 1st rounder next year if I can't get a top 3.

That is the minimum I will take. If I can't get a 1st either this year or next then I will sit on him hope he does well.

I have a possible offer of Fitzgerald for Boldin and Vincent Jackson which is a good offer but I don't want to deal V-Jax.

I counted by offering Boldin and 2 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick and Troy Smith who he likes for Fitz.

He did not want that.

PS: I dont recall seeing a WR being really productive in his rookie year. WR usually take 2-4 years to actually blossum into a good reicever.

I am not really worried about this year I am looking into the future.

I have some old WR's and need some youth plus I am paying these WR's a ton of my cap space.

I have

Moss (NE) - $6.90

Marshall (Mia) - $1.10

Jackson (SD) - $1.10

Smith (Car) - $4.20

Boldin (Blt) - $3.10

Welker (NE) - $2.10

Edelman (NE) - .10

Robinson (StL) - .10

Gaffney (Den) - .10

Gates (SD) - $3.10

Finley (GB) - .10

Those 11 WR's/TE's are $22 of my $35 cap (We have 30 roster spots)

So I am good for this year having Moss, Marshall, Jackson, Smith, Gates, Finely as possible starters (we start 3-4 depending on flex each week)

I won't count on Welker this year but I have Edelman at least.

So if Bryant will be good in 2-3 years then I am good with that since Moss, Steve Smith will be about done then