[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Israel

SEC=UGA

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These people have been fighting since the beginning of time. And the argument about who is right and who is wrong is just as old. It sure as hell won't be settled here any more than it will be solved by enslaving people or laubing rockets.

Didn't you just attribute comments by Begin, one's that we're mischarachterized at best, as being applicable to a whole race of people?

when did I do that?...I only spoke of the government as I have no problem with the Israeli people....

your reading comprehension needs a fine tuning..

and please put away your "jump to conclusions mat"...such a horrible idea this is...

If that was the case, then we could ahve invaded Saudi Arabia and overthrown them because Osama Bin Laden is a member of their royal family.

If the Iraelis wanted to be a little more like us they'd go after Chili or Panama if the Palastinians attacked them.

i heard this somewhere.........

n.korea sinks and kills 40some s.korean saliors, the world dont give a fruck. israel defends itself and its LEGAL blockade, they bad. OK.

china kills and tortures millions, but we keep shopping at walmart. arizona decides to start enforcing our immigration laws, lets not go to arizona!!

people are so frucked in the head.

n.korea sinks and kills 40some s.korean saliors, the world dont give a fruck. israel defends itself and its LEGAL blockade, they bad. OK.

china kills and tortures millions, but we keep shopping at walmart. arizona decides to start enforcing our immigration laws, lets not go to arizona!!

They are, aren't they?

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than what just happened last Sunday and we have also asked that psycho in N Korea to stop....while we are the only on condoning what happened in Israel...

the Flotilla ships were there in response to the treatment of the Palestinians since 1948 - not that what N Korea has done to S Korea is bad.....but there is FAR more history over what has transpired in Israel while most countries are plain scared of that psycho over in N Korea because he'll just start picking locations to nuke at random....

your logic here is skewed, but I've found most republicans in my area defending what Israel has done because "they are our allies, we need to stick by them"........even if what they do is flat out wrong and they almost do what they want because they'll just sic us on whoever has anything to say...

Edited by Avernus

The flotilla COULD have agreed to be searched at an Israeli port and the non-military supplies would have been trucked to Gaza as they have been many times before. The fact is that this was a deliberate setup and Israel walked straight into it. The people running this so-called relief armada were only interested in provoking violence from the Israelis.

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than what just happened last Sunday and we have also asked that psycho in N Korea to stop....while we are the only on condoning what happened in Israel...

the Flotilla ships were there in response to the treatment of the Palestinians since 1948 - not that what N Korea has done to S Korea is bad.....but there is FAR more history over what has transpired in Israel while most countries are plain scared of that psycho over in N Korea because he'll just start picking locations to nuke at random....

your logic here is skewed, but I've found most republicans in my area defending what Israel has done because "they are our allies, we need to stick by them"........even if what they do is flat out wrong and they almost do what they want because they'll just sic us on whoever has anything to say...

WATCH THIS VIDEO and see what people who actually live in Israel have to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vvS3HKbLI...player_embedded

so hamas is not a terrorist organization? arent they in charge in the gaza strip? i could care less if they are our allies. the blockade is legal. they had every right to board that ship and defend themselves once on the ship.

Yeah, the supplies MIGHT have been delivered, but only if the shipment did not include items the Israelies have decided that the Palestinians don't need. Like chocolate. But I guess some people here believe that one people should decide what another people may or may not eat or drink. And you are all OK with that. Wow. :wacko:

The flotilla COULD have agreed to be searched at an Israeli port and the non-military supplies would have been trucked to Gaza as they have been many times before. The fact is that this was a deliberate setup and Israel walked straight into it. The people running this so-called relief armada were only interested in provoking violence from the Israelis.

And "Mission Accomplished" . . . .

Yeah, the supplies MIGHT have been delivered, but only if the shipment did not include items the Israelies have decided that the Palestinians don't need. Like chocolate. But I guess some people here believe that one people should decide what another people may or may not eat or drink. And you are all OK with that. Wow. :wacko:

I'm already done because the hypocrisy in this thread has spun out of control....sometimes logic is too much for people when they don't know enough about a situation and want to believe a one sided slant...

I'm already done because the hypocrisy in this thread has spun out of control....sometimes logic is too much for people when they don't know enough about a situation and want to believe a one sided slant...

What he said, but from the opposite perspective :wacko:

well yeah, but when you say "israel walked right into it", what would you say their other options here were? I mean, it's pretty much either 1) let the boat through,and the blockade is essentially broken, or 2) stop the boat, board it, search it, etc. is there some third option I am missing here?

well yeah, but when you say "israel walked right into it", what would you say their other options here were? I mean, it's pretty much either 1) let the boat through,and the blockade is essentially broken, or 2) stop the boat, board it, search it, etc. is there some third option I am missing here?

Agreed. It was a trap they simply had to spring, nevertheless it was a trap. My guess is that those on board wanted the violence but didn't expect to have nine dead. Sucks for them but they only have themselves to blame.

Note: I have never been an Israeli apologist of any kind but the likes of Hamas make it very difficult to offer any sympathy to the other side.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

The only question I have with all of this is this - Who was in the right here and who was in the wrong???

at any point, either side was wrong...but now one side more wrong than the other...

and this has nothing to do with what happened last Sunday....what they are doing on the Gaza strip is inhumane...period

There was a highly political (therefore largely ignored) album from Jefferson Starship in 1984 at an apex of the cold war called Nuclear Furniture. It was a concept album that is still one of my favorites today. There is a song on the album with the lyrics,

I'd like to see Jesus and Mohammed on the road to Demascus, What do you think they would say?

Would they fight with knives clenched in their teeth like Jews and Arabs today?

Or would they walk and speak like philosophers and thinkers?

But probably me favorite song on the album is called Showdown:

They walk with their arms away from their sides

Cause it's all in the timing

Who wins the fight

All around them the signs are clear

It's gone too far

Now the showdown is here

Showdown is here

Hungry dogs follow

And the vultures lead

Self-preservation

The original greed

But there's too much fire

For the perfect match

Now it's just a matter of the first attack

Which one is right

That's no longer clear

Anger has no light

When it's covered with fear

Never turn your back

That's always when you're caught

You're a dead man on the rack

'Cause you're just too proud to stop

Absolute quiet is the final warning - showdown

Six minutes and the war is roaring -showdown

The voice of reason was buried this morning -showdown

Decision for death is the final story -showdown

We used to love it when they came on the scream

The good guys strong

And the bad guys mean

But the story has changed

Now the ending's insane

The audience dies

In the final frame

It's the final game

Now both sides are gone

No funerals

No priests

No crowds singing songs

No heroes in the streets

Both sides were wrong

Just too stubborn to teach

And it was just too long

Before enough people had the courage to speak

And say

No showdown

No showdown

No showdown

They walk with their arms away from their sides

Will the ones who are left

Still say they are right?

There was a highly political (therefore largely ignored) album from Jefferson Starship in 1984

Was that the same album that had "We Built This City (on Rock and Roll)" on it? If so, I would strongly suggest that politics were NOT the reason it was ignored.