[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1.5 in new keeper league

I have the 1.5 pick in a new keeper league (standard scoring with no ppr; only rookie drafts after this year). I would expect that CJ, peterson and MJD would be the first three picks. I am just wondering who everyone thinks the next two best players are so I can figure out who to target at 1.5.

Also, any suggestions on trading up to 1.3 or trading back and what would be appropriate picks to give/get would be appreciated. Thanks.

If he is there, I think Ray Rice is the pick. Assuming Rice goes at 4, I look to move down and target one of the younger RBs that you cna hope to build on like Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, one of the rookies this year, Knowshon, etc. With no-PPR, I don't think I could reccomend going WR at any point early on, and QBs can be found later. Load up on RBs in this initial draft and go from there.

non-ppr makes the top WRs more valuable compared to the rest of the WRs.

I'd also consider Rodgers, but would probably take Rivers or Schaub later.

problem with a couple of the WRs is age. Not as bad as RBs because they don't really decline till around age 34 but AJ and Wayne are up there, Fitz has a new QB and CJ still really hasn't broken out. At the end of the day if I couldn't move down I probably would go with Fitz, AJ or CJ. I personally couldn't pull the trigger on a QB at 1.05

:waits for Taz to say" take Rivers if TDs are worth 6": :wacko:

AJ is only 28yo. That's too young to be concerned about age.

I assume that you agree with me that non-PPR makes the top WRs even more valuable?

A handful of them. But how many does he need to start? 2, 3, 4, 5? What are the line-up requirements?

Depending he may need to reach for a RB here but if he only needs to start 2 I'd wait.

And AJ will be 29 next month :wacko:

There is no way I'd even consider a QB in the 1st round. That high in the draft you have to take a RB. If you don't like the RB's there then work on trading to the end of the round and take a WR.

non-ppr makes the top WRs more valuable compared to the rest of the WRs.

I'd also consider Rodgers, but would probably take Rivers or Schaub later.

While it may boost the value of the elite few that really stand out, what PPR really does it make the mid tier RBs a heck of a lot more valuable than the mid-tier WRs that really get the boost with PPR, particularly when considering flex options.

I still stand by my initial post, go Rice if he is there, move down if he is not, and if you can't move down, reach on one of the younger RBs that have franchise potential.

Thanks for the thoughts. I will go Rice if he is there. If not and I can't trade down, I am leaning towards either fitz or AJ.

Also, the lineup requirements are 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (rb, wr or te), 1 def.

With two required RBs, the possibility of a 3rd with the flex and no-PPR, I would highly encourage you to reconsider Fitz or AJ as the pick and look more towards a guy like Gore or one of the other younger high potential RBs.