[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin Trade...

Hey Guys

12 team Dynasty PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K D or 1QB, 1RB, 4WR TE, K D as starting line-ups. Standard scoring albeit slightly favourable to QB's (1pt per 20 passing yards, fumbles, interceptions irrelevant.)

My current squad is as follows:

Eli, Flacco

P Thomas, Ronnie Brown, R Bush, T Choice, Norwood

S Rice, V Jax, S Smith (Car), Maclin, Garcon, Floyd, R E Williams, Murphy,

Z Miller, Pettigrew

I have been offered this:

I give Maclin, I get M. Bush Oak and K Britt

Britt is obviously a flyer and could and should if he gets in shape and keeps out of trouble be the 1WR in Ten, possibly likely to catch 60-65 catches this season. Bush is a back-up nothing special but with nothing special in front of him either for the no1 job in Oakland.

What do you guys think? I think Maclin has potential to hit at least 800 yds this season. Britt isn't in the same class but he's not that much of a downgrade, and Bush would be a relatively solid back-up. My instinct having said that though is to stick with Maclin. Do you agree?

I'm with Opie. I don't do the deal.

Bush does not give you a significant upgrade at RB, potentially no upgrade really, and Britt is, at least as of now, a decent drop from Maclin. With the lineup req that you only need to start 1 RB and up to 4 Wrs, I stick with your WR strength and likely plan on playing Thomas most weeks at RB.

I think I'm higher on Britt right now with Young taking command of that offense. But, Maclin does have some serous talent, yet, he's also behind DeJax and Avant riding his heals.

Having had the discussion on Young vs. Ryan with opie in another thread, just curious what it is you see with Young that would lead you to see marked improvement by Britt. Other than an increase in TDs, Britt saw a decline in receptions and yardage once Young took over last season. Ignoring weeks 6-9, when Britt was out, his stats were:

First 5 weeks - 19 catches, 289 yards 0 TDs or an average of 3.8 catches and 57.8 yards

Last 9 weeks (when Young was the starter) - 22 catches, 405 yards and 3 TDs for averages of 2.4 catches, 45 yards and 0.33 TDs. It is interesting to also note that starting in week 12, he started doing kick returns, but, then from week 13 on he only averaged 1.8 catches for 36 yards

Maclin on the other hand seemed to show the opposite trend, increasing production as the season progressed. Obviously, we don;t have stats with Kold there to compare to, but certainly a positive trend is a good thing.

Now, I like Britt's long term potential, but, with a QB that has never thrown for more than 12 TDs in a season, and a declining trend when Young took over last season, and not having definitely taken over for either Washington or Gage, the risk factor for Britt is huge compared to that for Maclin, IMO.

Well, mostly speculation (I know how some feel about that already so just let it be) but in order for them to get an extended life out of CJ, they need to start to ride the coat tails of their receivers and their QB. Now that Young has some experiance as a starter, and successful, I think that Britt will be a serious part of this new scheme. I think Kolb has many options to throw at and I also think their run game won't be very solid (depending on Mike Bell) so Maclin will get his touches, however, I think DeJax will continue to pull #1 receiver counts while Maclin and Avant will continue to trade places at the 2nd and 3rd back positions.

In short, Britt has a wonderful opportunity to take a lead role in Tenn and with them attempting to midigate damage to their star RB, production should increase by game.

I don't like your RBs, I do think MBush has good potential, but I'm higher on Maclin and think that if you did want to trade him that you could probably package him and PT up after they both have good games and go after a top 10 RB.

Maybe I'm too high on Maclin, but I think he has the potential to be a top 15 WR for 10 years.

As I said in another thread, I think Maclin is a solid WR2 with the potential to put up WR1 numbers on any given week. Top 15 sounds about right to me as well. I'm not crazy about Britt. Between a questionable work ethic, a questionable quarterback, and a run first offense, I don't think he has a very high ceiling. Maybe a high end WR3. I went out of my way to draft Bush in several redraft/keeper leagues last year and was disapointed. He could still turn out to be a solid fantasy back, but RBs usually establish themselves right away, even in poor offenses. Late bloomers like Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones are the exception, not the rule.

Cheers guys.

I rejected the trade. The more I thought about it, and read your views!, the more I felt uncomfortable. Whilst Britt has promise, the points you made about his declining production with Young and his character issues, turning up at OTA's overweight etc led me to feel as someone else said he is more of a WR3. Maclin is a WR2 who its always possible could be a WR1 on any given week.

Bush is solid, but could take a massive hit if not named as starter, and he also plays for Oakland a team apart from Miller (and Murphy who I picked up on the ww), I have avoided in the recent past!

Thanks for all your help.

Well, mostly speculation (I know how some feel about that already so just let it be) but in order for them to get an extended life out of CJ, they need to start to ride the coat tails of their receivers and their QB. Now that Young has some experiance as a starter, and successful, I think that Britt will be a serious part of this new scheme. I think Kolb has many options to throw at and I also think their run game won't be very solid (depending on Mike Bell) so Maclin will get his touches, however, I think DeJax will continue to pull #1 receiver counts while Maclin and Avant will continue to trade places at the 2nd and 3rd back positions.

In short, Britt has a wonderful opportunity to take a lead role in Tenn and with them attempting to midigate damage to their star RB, production should increase by game.

Just an FYI- this is wrong.

Avant is the #3 and won't supplant Maclin

Just an FYI- this is wrong.

Avant is the #3 and won't supplant Maclin

I never claimed that Avant will supplant Maclin! I, however, argued the point that Maclin and Avant will more then likely share the #2 spot. The Eagles signed Avant to a 5 year deal for a reason. Not that Avant is the same caliber receiver as Maclin, but neither is Maclin the same caliber as DeJax but Avant will steal some play time from Maclin and will be integral on those 3rd down possessions. Avant has charistics that Maclin nor Jackson have which gives him the advantage over the middle and a much better suited slot receiver position.

I never claimed that Avant will supplant Maclin! I, however, argued the point that Maclin and Avant will more then likely share the #2 spot. The Eagles signed Avant to a 5 year deal for a reason. Not that Avant is the same caliber receiver as Maclin, but neither is Maclin the same caliber as DeJax but Avant will steal some play time from Maclin and will be integral on those 3rd down possessions. Avant has charistics that Maclin nor Jackson have which gives him the advantage over the middle and a much better suited slot receiver position.

Avant is a 4th and more likely 5th option in this offense. Maclin was a rookie last year and as he acclimates to the offense I expect his numbers to increase and Avants to go down.

Maclin can be drafted as #2/3 WR. I wouldn't even roster Avant in a deep league. Sure he'll catch a few TDs and maybe 40-50 passes but try and guess which weeks he'll be worth starting. He's just not going to be a factor in fantasy football and he surely won't take passes away from Maclin.