[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No He Did Not!

SayItAintSoJoe

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and anybody that thinks our federal government can do anything better or more efficiently that private companies has a screw loose.

You would certainly be on my short list if I ever need to investigate what it means to have a screw loose.

And given the evidence right before your eyes of the Gulf spill (never mind the eColi outbreaks, the lead in toys issues, the Toyota problems et al, tell me more about that private industry efficiency I keep hearing about.

Do you think the families of a person who has been murdered should have to through a trial to see if the suspect is actually guilty or should Obama be able to step and say GUILTY?

Aren't you one of those that wanted him to "do something"? What was that "something" exactly? Because it seems to me all you really want to do is criticize. What would you have him do?

so impotent and inneffectual is the president on this matter, that the only thing he feels like he can do is publicly lash BP. apparently, to him and his advisors, this is the thing to do politically because 1) it helps him funnel all the blame and anger their way, and 2) he can say he is "doing something" and "kicking someone's ass".

so now, it is the executive's role to step in and take over for the judiciary to "punish" BP, but it is NOT the executive's role to protect the country's shores and waters from an environmental catastrophe. we'll just let BP handle that on their own, we don't want to assume that responsibility. we'll just stand back and grandstand with our mad face on.

OK, you're so smart, let's hear exactly what you would do. Get a bathplug from Home Depot, don an aqualung and swim down a mile to plug the leak?

Yer a f'n hypocrite.

And this is our "environmental" president in action. He turns down help from other nations because he is an egotistical prick, but his ears perk up when the money is at stake. And he will use this to get more money with his cap & tax, because his plan to save the world is to throw MORE of our money at black holes and dreams.

I'm sorry but this is all a huge farce. Political games are costing us our planet. What have we done?

I think you've talked to yourself at least five times and I'm only on page three. :wacko:

You would certainly be on my short list if I ever need to investigate what it means to have a screw loose.

And given the evidence right before your eyes of the Gulf spill (never mind the eColi outbreaks, the lead in toys issues, the Toyota problems et al, tell me more about that private industry efficiency I keep hearing about.

I provided a link showing the stark difference between private clean-up efforts after Katrina vs. Government clean up efforts, but as usual, your closed mind probably did not compel you to actually follow my link. You probably remember that whole fiasco better than I do though. Back then I spent most of my days foolishly convincing myself that once we got GW Bush out of office things were going to get better.

Good times. Good times.

Back then I spent most of my days foolishly convincing myself that once we got GW Bush out of office things were going to get better.

Sadly enough a lot of people did :wacko:

Although it has only been 18 months . . . lets give him at least 2 1/2 years to completely determine if he is the antichrist agitator everyone makes him out to be . . .

George Bush threw up on a foreign head of state. :wacko:

Bill Clinton gave a cigar to a foreign head of state that had been inserted into a fat chick :tup:

Sadly enough a lot of people did :wacko:

Although it has only been 18 months . . . lets give him at least 2 1/2 years to completely determine if he is the antichrist agitator everyone makes him out to be . . .

Prediction. 2 1/2 more years of this and we'll be praying that a resurrected Stalin runs against Obama so we can have some moderation.

If you don't think every rig in the gulf has been inspected top to bottom in the last two months you don't know much about business. These companies see what BP is going through and want to make damn sure it doesn't happen to them. Also, BP had plans in place, plans the government said no to. Also our government had plans in place which it appears as though they may have failed to implement.

Silly me. I thought you were talking about government performed inspections. So you say these companies have performed their own inspections over the last 2 months and say that everything is good to go? Thats good enough for me. Drill, baby drill!

You can't see the future clearly if you never take you eyes off the past. If the future means anything to you.

Kinda funny. I was in Turkey with a buddy of mine, he and I were walking down the street to go to a little bar. We're talking and he grabbed my hand while we were walking, it threw me off a bit at first, but I realized pretty quickly that such an action was culturally normal. So there I was, a 33 year old straight male, walking down the street holding a guys hand. And, no, I've never bowed to anybody.

yep . . all the gubmnet and specfically Obama's fault . . . .

Personally I blame Obama. This is all clearly his fault, along with teh Legion of Doom.

Show me once where I have blamed Obama for the initial spill? I haven't, at least not any more than I blame Bush which is very little the lions share of the blame for the initial spill no doubt goes to BP. I do blame Obama for hampering the clean up and containment effort, which his lack of leadership has screwed up beyond belief.

But that would cost money to delegate a contingent to clean up this mess....clearly, as you have mentioned in hundreds of posts, you don't approve of more government spending.

What to do, what to do.

On the contrary I have no problem with government spending, if it is spending on what it was originally mandated to do. I have problems with government over reaching it's original mandate in order to buy votes with social programs and wealth redistribution that started under FDR and has expanded into a huge anchor around our necks and the necks of our children. I've been on record several times prior to the oil spill that the federal government needs final control over a sensible environmental policies as it does very little good for Texas to have a strong environmental policy and Oklahoma having a very lax one, as one state can contaminate another. I just think it needs to be limited in scope, and to established science not consensus. In the case of the oil spill I feel the government should do all that is possible to contain it and to clean it up, and then send BP the bill.

Silly me. I thought you were talking about government performed inspections. So you say these companies have performed their own inspections over the last 2 months and say that everything is good to go? Thats good enough for me. Drill, baby drill!

There is a need for government oversight in off shore drilling, I have never denied that. There needs to be inspections by the government. I'm just saying based on the negative publicity and the actual and potential liability that BP faces you can bet that every rig in the gulf has undergone and extensive in house inspection, and you can bet that what happened on Deep Water Horizon is not going to happen again any time in the near future. In time the companies probably will get lax again, which is why we need government oversight, but it isn't going to happen in the next 6 months.

I've been on record several times prior to the oil spill that the federal government needs final control over a sensible environmental policies as it does very little good for Texas to have a strong environmental policy and Oklahoma having a very lax one, as one state can contaminate another. I just think it needs to be limited in scope, and to established science not consensus.

If its limited in scope, it will leave itslef open to criticism for not having done enough to intercede (as is the case now). All or nothing....there should be no middle-ground.

In the case of the oil spill I feel the government should do all that is possible to contain it and to clean it up, and then send BP the bill.

+1

You can't see the future clearly if you never take you eyes off the past. If the future means anything to you.

if the past cannot teach the present and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time.

Isn't this great how a greedy oil company doing their own inspections is now losing stock value? Karma is a mean lady.

yeah, thats terrific news for the 80,000+ blue collar employees of BP who's retirement is likely tied to various forms of stock options/company retirement plans.

We should throw a parade.