[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jammal Brown to the Redskins?

Footballjoe

(KFFL) The Washington Redskins are close to acquiring restricted free-agent OT Jammal Brown from the New Orleans Saints for a conditional draft choice, sources have told FOX Sports.com's Jay Glazer.

That would put a :wacko: on my face.

Edited by Footballjoe

(RotoWire) Pending a physical, the Saints will trade Brown to the Redskins for a conditional draft pick, FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports. Analysis: A hip injury cost Brown the entire 2009 season, but he'll be a nice addition to Washington's line if he's fully healthy. With Brown in the fold, the Redskins may use rookie Trent Williams at right guard with Brown manning the left side.

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, The Washington Redskins have acquired OT Jammal Brown from the New Orleans Saints, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. It is not known what the Saints will receive at this time.

Hey, its some good news for a change. :wacko:

I heard it was a conditional 3rd or 4th. I was hoping they could have done better, but something is better than nothing. Good luck Skins on keeping him healthy.

Edited by rajncajn

I heard it was a conditional 3rd or 4th. I was hoping they could have done better, but something is better than nothing. Good luck Skins on keeping him healthy.

Yes I thought they would do better also, since this has been talked about since the draft. But since McNabb will not reach his incentives we will get the 3rd.

I was ok with the conditional 3rd or 4th but wasn't too thrilled we'd be giving a 5th-7th in return as well

But we may also get a 6th back, way to complicated a deal for a backup OL, well he was for us.

Didn't realize we might get another 6th back. Way too complicated like you said.

The exact deal will depend on if the conditional pick the Redskins owe the Eagles in the Donovan McNabb trade ends up being a third- or fourth-round pick. If it’s a third, the Redskins will send their fourth-round pick to the Saints, and New Orleans will send a pick in the sixth or seventh round to Washington. If the Redskins have to send the Eagles their fourth-round pick, the Saints get the Redskins’ third-rounder and they send Washington their fifth-round pick.

The bottom line for the Redskins is that they will be without both their third- and fourth-round picks next year, but they will recoup an extra pick later in the draft. In addition, New Orleans will get a 2012 sixth-round pick from the Redskins if Brown plays 90 precent of the Redskins’ snaps in 2010 or if he makes the Pro Bowl.