[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dog scratching at hardwood floors

frenzal rhomb

My four year old portugese water dog has just started going into corners and scratching at my hardwood floors. Just out of the blue. He gets two long walks a day, plays frisbee and gets plenty of attention / affection. Its been warm lately but we have the air on - is he digging for a cooler place to lay? this just started this week. Any ideas why the strange behavior out of the blue??

My four year old portugese water dog has just started going into corners and scratching at my hardwood floors. Just out of the blue. He gets two long walks a day, plays frisbee and gets plenty of attention / affection. Its been warm lately but we have the air on - is he digging for a cooler place to lay? this just started this week. Any ideas why the strange behavior out of the blue??

Has he been watching the World Cup? Maybe celebrating the goals from his team.

Are you on a crawl space or slab on grade? If crawl space, he may smell something he likes under there. If on a slab, did you have carpet removed and wood put down? If so he may have used that corner before and is trying to dig up his scent.

Our lab starting clawing and eating the drywall in a room. I was real pissed and had to call a handy man to replace the drywall. Turns out when the guy removed the wallboard he found a bunch of carpenter ants chewing up the framing. He said my dog heard them and was trying to get at them. The dog ended up saving me a bunch of wood damage.

Our lab starting clawing and eating the drywall in a room. I was real pissed and had to call a handy man to replace the drywall. Turns out when the guy removed the wallboard he found a bunch of carpenter ants chewing up the framing. He said my dog heard them and was trying to get at them. The dog ended up saving me a bunch of wood damage.

I dont know - its weird - he picked the corner of the dining room (downstairs) and a corner in the bedroom (upstairs) - both corners are as far from each other as possible in the house