[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Team Evaluation, please

gandalas

Well, we have just recently completed our Dynasty initial draft (60 rounds), and I was wondering what you all think I need to upgrade on, and where I am good. I think I have a good shot at the title this season, and am also set up well for the future, but I just wanted another perspective or 2.

Anyway, this league is unique of any that I have been in that you can start up to 3 QBs, and they made up a HUGH portion of the top-25 last season, so I thought getting 2 top-10 options was crtitical.

I had the 1.9 pick in a 10-team league - ended up trading out of 1.9 and picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd, which helped me get some awesome additions in the early rounds.

Scoring is PPR, with return yardage included for all positions and bonus points for long plays.

Starting rosters are: 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Team DEF, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB (total of 24)

Probable Starters in Bold

I ended up with:

QB: Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, David Garrard, Trent Edwards, Luke McCown

(I drafted Romo in 2nd and Cutler in the 3rd, as QB6 and QB8 off the board. I was excited to pick up Garrard as my QB3 in 13th round, as QB32)

RB: Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Jonathan Stewart, Montario Hardesty, Tim hightower, Leon Washington, Julius Jones, Lex Hilliard

(I drafted Gore at 2.2 and Wells in the 3rd - just picked up Stewart in a trade linked in the Assistant Coach section)

WR: Greg Jennings, Steve Smith (NYG), Chad Ochocinco, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Devin Aromashadu, Jabar Gaffney, Nate Washington, Jacoby Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brian Robiskie, Danny Amendola

(Smith should be money in PPR, Jennings and Ochocinco are great as 2 other starters - I have a lot of other choices for my WR4)

TE: Vernon Davis, Chris Cooley, Martellus Bennett, James Casey

(Traded for Vernon Davis in same trade as Stewart - originally had Zach Miller-Oak)

PK: Mason Crosby, Rob Bironas, Robbie Gould

(Crosby was my #1 kicker, the other 2 are also top-10 for me this season)

DT: Kyle Williams, Mike Patterson, Jason jones

(Williams was the #1 DT scorer in the league last season - can he do it in the 3-4 as well? there are just no great options at DT)

DE: Mathias Kiwanuka, Darnell Dockett, Cliff Avril, Darryl Tapp, Randy Starks, Kroy Biermann

(No top option here - definitely my weak point)

LB: Barrett Ruud, Paul Pozluszny, jonathan Vilma, Chad Greenway, Derrick Johnson, Dan Connor, Bobby Carpenter

(I made it a priority to come out with 3 top LB options - I originally had Levy, but traded him for Vilma)

CB: Kelvin Hayden, Zachary Bowman, Antonio Cromartie, Bryant McFadden, Eric Wright

(Antother Weak spot, but I think Bowman should take over from Tillman as the top CHI corner)

S: Eric Berry, Louis Delmas, Sean Jones, Dawan Landry

(Berry should be top-10 from the get-go, and Delmas should be top-15)

DEF: New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Seattle Seahawks

(Jets were #1 defense in the league last year, and I look for them to repeat)

So what do you all think? Here is the league link if you want to check it out.

http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/55062#0

Edited by gandalas

One lesbian fish turned to the other and said, "ya know what? We do taste like chicken of the sea."

What do you call a lesbian with 1,000 semiautomatic rifles? Militia Etheridge.

I bet this cat never thought his thread would turn into a lesbian joke thread :wacko:

Edited by BearBroncos

DT in a 3-4 is fantasy death. You should focus on DT in a 4-3. A 3-4 DT has the job to take up blockers and gets a double team on almost every play.

DE position depends on if Osi takes Kiwi's spot or not. Right now you look pretty good, but I'd be looking to upgrade the DL.

I bet this cat never thought his thread would turn into a lesbian joke thread :wacko:

Meh, this "cat" doesn't really care too much

I usually get all my questions answered over at FBG, but the other owners in the league are from there as well, so I wanted an outside opinion.

DT in a 3-4 is fantasy death. You should focus on DT in a 4-3. A 3-4 DT has the job to take up blockers and gets a double team on almost every play.

DE position depends on if Osi takes Kiwi's spot or not. Right now you look pretty good, but I'd be looking to upgrade the DL.

I would definitely agree with you, but recent examples such as Shaun Rogers makes me doubt that comment. But yes, my DTs are definitely my weakest position. Of course, they are the weakest position overall in this league anyway:

The top DT overall using stats from last season was only #402 overall, down to #15 was #549 overall. So a lack of scoring at that position does not hurt as much as any other position.

The top DE, Jared Allen, was only #153 overall in scoring, while the #15 was #433 overall. I actually have 4 of the top-15 scorers at DE from last season, with Darnell Dockett at #6, Kiwanuka at #11, Randy Starks at #12, and Kroy Biermann at #14. Tackle-heavy DEs are actually a LOT more valuable than solely pass-rushing Ends (dwight freeney with 11.5 sacks was the #39 DE), so I feel I am actually pretty good at DE.

Thanks for the comment, though. :wacko:

Meh, this "cat" doesn't really care too much

I usually get all my questions answered over at FBG, but the other owners in the league are from there as well, so I wanted an outside opinion.

ouch, well then keep it movin pal :wacko:

I would definitely agree with you, but recent examples such as Shaun Rogers makes me doubt that comment. But yes, my DTs are definitely my weakest position. Of course, they are the weakest position overall in this league anyway:

Sean Rogers is arguably the best nose tackle in the NFL, so I wouldn't take the #1 nose tackle and draw conclusions to your player that has never played DT in a 3-4 before... there really isn't much of a comparison there. That's like saying Armanti Edwards is going to be good as a converted QB to WR because Andre Johnson plays WR and he's good.... while totally ignoring a comparison between Armanti Edwards and Matt Jones which is obviously a lot closer to a real life example of the situation. On the plus side, Buffalo's offense should pretty much stink, so he'll get a ton of defensive snaps. Plus Sean Rogers is like 6'4" 350 and Williams is 6'1'ish 310? maybe? Williams doesn't really have the size to take on two guys and still be a force to make tackles.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

ouch, well then keep it movin pal :wacko:

I have actually been here longer, but the place seems emptier these days...

I heard rumors that you now cannot post in the forums without a subscription - if that is the case, I am not sure how great of a business sense that makes. Draw in the people with the free forums, and then make them want the paid content as well. That is how I bought my initial subscription here...

I mean, my main league is BOTHuddle...I miss the traffic this place used to get.

Edited by gandalas

I heard rumors that you now cannot post in the forums without a subscription - if that is the case, I am not sure how great of a business sense that makes. Draw in the people with the free forums, and then make them want the paid content as well. That is how I bought my initial subscription here...

I mean, my main league is BOTHuddle...I miss the traffic this place used to get.

Where'd you hear this? It is patently false.

Offseason is always dead here. Once training camp opens, traffic booms again, and once the first and second preseason games get going, it explodes, almost to the point of the advice forum being unbearable with a rash of rate my draft threads. At least with the dynasty team evaluation such as this, there can be worthwhile discussion on long term planning, etc. or, in the case of this thread, the value of DT/DE in differing defensive schemes... and of course lesbian jokes.

Where'd you hear this? It is patently false.

Offseason is always dead here. Once training camp opens, traffic booms again, and once the first and second preseason games get going, it explodes, almost to the point of the advice forum being unbearable with a rash of rate my draft threads. At least with the dynasty team evaluation such as this, there can be worthwhile discussion on long term planning, etc. or, in the case of this thread, the value of DT/DE in differing defensive schemes... and of course lesbian jokes.

It's a rumor that some "football guys" like to spread

are you saying that FBG members come here to post false propaganda to attempt make the Huddle look bad?

If so, what fookin' d00sh.

Not that I know of, I was reading a thread over there where someone "matter-of-factly" stated that the forums here were for paid members only