[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doom & Gloom

muck

Currently, derivatives are traded over-the-counter. This mean derivatives are uncontrolled, unregulated, and unsupervised. Proposed financial reform legislation is pushing to have derivatives traded through an exchange. This will bring in greater transparency and controls. My concern is, when this happens, the change to an exchange system will reveal fraud and failures we do not yet know about today. It will be like turning on the light and watching the cockroaches (bankers) run for cover.

While it is commendable that President Obama hold the rich and powerful accountable, I wonder what the price will be? And how many BPs can we afford?

So, ignorance is bliss? :wacko:

This starts out talking about BP and whiny Brits and segues into some financial thingamabob called derivatives. :wacko:

Can you explain either what these are and/or the point of the article (other than derivatives suck) so even we cavemen can understand?

I've never read his books, but isn't this the guy that was on TV a couple years back just pushing everybody to buy real estate and get rich?

his locations were Texas and Arkansas but nowhere else to my knowledge... he has lots of stuff on YouTube....

lately he's been pushing the same areas in real estate, but pumps up oil, gold and silver....he's a regular silver bull...

I'm just not sure how he invests in oil production and not oil companies...

here's one of his videos...I prefer Mike Maloney's approach more though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbiejQrRog

he has some real interesting things to say with his rich dad, poor dad philosophy...."my poor dad went to college, had morals and had job security" - "my rich dad never went to college, had street smarts, borrowed himself into debt and invested in real estate"....

Kiyosaki has a tendency to come off like a walking infomercial because he doesn't fully explain his philosophy, but preaches pretty good philosophy...

Edited by Avernus

How to invest if Nenner's scenario is accurate? He likes gold and gold miners' shares, but not until mid-summer this year. He recommends shorting equities around mid-summer highs via the instrument of your choice. And he believes it's best to focus on acquiring tangible things that will be practical in a depression and global conflict.

"People should buy a farm and learn to grow food. I would do it myself but I'm allergic to grass," he said. "The financial system is close to collapsing. With tricks they can keep it going, but you will want to have land. Ultimately the financial system will straighten itself out, of course, but it may not feel like that is possible for a long stretch of time."

more and more smart people are starting to say this.

more and more smart people are starting to say this.

Obama and I believe that kind of financial fear mongering is detrimental to society. Obama wishes to assure you everything is just fine people. Go on about your business. You all probably have work to do since so many jobs have been created lately, and people are buying many products and services.

Damn propeganda.

Obama and I believe that kind of financial fear mongering is detrimental to society. Obama wishes to assure you everything is just fine people. Go on about your business. You all probably have work to do since so many jobs have been created lately, and people are buying many products and services.

Damn propeganda.

I'm not so sure...I'm still too focused on my portfolio for this sort of thing to matter....

call me when the sky falls and then I'll do something...

I'm not so sure...I'm still too focused on my portfolio for this sort of thing to matter....

call me when the sky falls and then I'll do something...

Obama and I believe that if you talk about things, those things will happen. Just ask the folks down at the Center For American Progress.

So once again I implore you, heed Obama's advice and do not worry.

Edited by rattsass

So, ignorance is bliss? :wacko:

+1

The author seems to be suggesting that doing nothing is the solution? "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" seems to be the theme for the Obama Administration.

That is precisely what Henry Kissinger said about This Movie. If you show it, then it will more likely occur.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this discussion, but I appreciate your efforts to help me divert attention away from the non-productive thought provoking conversation that had started before I intercepted it.

+1

The author seems to be suggesting that doing nothing is the solution? "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" seems to be the theme for the Obama Administration.

Precisely. Using just the quote in the first post, I guess the solution to problems in the financial markets is simply to leave the light off - that way you don't have to look at the cockroaches. :wacko:

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this discussion, but I appreciate your efforts to help me divert attention away from the non-productive thought provoking conversation that had started before I intercepted it.

Sorry for not posting a 10 paragraph response for you to read.

Did you type the following? Obama and I believe that if you talk about things, those things will happen

I clearly stated that I heard Henry Kissinger describe a fictional movie in the same exact way that you typed the above. That if you show it, then it will happen.

What did I leave out for you to comprehend?

Sorry for not posting a 10 paragraph response for you to read.

Did you type the following? Obama and I believe that if you talk about things, those things will happen

I clearly stated that I heard Henry Kissinger describe a fictional movie in the same exact way that you typed the above. That if you show it, then it will happen.

What did I leave out for you to comprehend?

I don't know what you want from me. I made a statement of fact. Obama talks about things, and those things happen. Mr. Kissinger, who is possibly the wisest man this side of Jimmy Carter obviously agrees with this line of thinking. So, it is all good then.

I don't know what you want from me. I made a statement of fact. Obama talks about things, and those things happen. Mr. Kissinger, who is possibly the wisest man this side of Jimmy Carter obviously agrees with this line of thinking. So, it is all good then.

Kissinger wasn't being a prick about it when he said it.

Kissinger wasn't being a prick about it when he said it.

Sir, are you familiar with my work? :wacko: