[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potentially Switching to PPR League This Year, Need Advice

Hey guys,

Although it's not a sure thing, my league is probably going to make the switch to PPR this year. I was curious, though, to get some outside opinions (because no one in my league has had a whole lot of experience with PPR)--in your experience, what are the pros/cons of doing a PPR league? Our main goal in my league is to eliminate the luck-factor and make for a more overall balanced experience.

Also, how many points per reception? I've seen cases for .5 and 1pt, but I'm not exactly sure which route to go. Any input on these matters will be much appreciated.

It makes TDs worth a lot less as does yardage.

For a fair system that rewards PPR, TDs and yards equally your looking at

1 pt per 20 yards

.5 PPR

6 pts TD

This makes each approx 33% value the perfect mixture.

Since this isn't happening in any league

Another option for PPR is for your league would be

.75 RB

1 WR

1.25 TE

I think that is much better then the .5 RB, 1 WR, 1.5 TE

I love PPR leagues, and would personally never go back to standard scoring (by that I mean pretty much any scoring format that doesn't reward receptions).

I've never done one that only rewards WRs, which could be interesting, but either way, I like .5PPR, as not to deflate the other factors too much... If you really want to try something fun though, my local has used this format, which I call PPE, and it's for sure my favorite scoring format right now...

Passing Yards: .04/yard (25 yds = 1 point)

Passing Attempts/Completions: .2/.3 (.5 point per completion)

Passing TDs: 6 points*

Interception/Turnover: -1* (will vote this year on -2 INTs or 4 point pass TDs)

Rushing Yards: .1/yard (10 yds = 1 point)

Rushing Attempts: .25 points (4 carries = 1 point)

Rushing TDs: 6 points

Recieving Yards: .1/yard (10 yds = 1 point)

Catches: .5 points (2 per point)

Recieving TDs: 6 points

Return Yards: 30 per point

Return TDs: 6 points

The way it's set up, there is not really an inflation of any position over any other one, but within the positions, there is certainly a huge bonus for having guys who get the majority of the touches, no matter what those touches are... But oddly enough, it does also seem to create more depth at all of the positions though (at least to me it seems that way)..

But either way, I don't really see many downfalls in doing PPR at all. Really it's just a matter of preference on what you want to be most valued in your league..

Edited by delusions of granduer

I appreciate all the great input, guys. I was originally looking to do a league where RBs received .75, WRs 1, and TEs 1.25 PPR, but I wasn't able to find an online league that allowed me to adjust the PPR for individual positions. Right now my league is on ESPN but if there's a more customizable site out there I'm sure they wouldn't mind making the switch. Anybody know of one?

I appreciate all the great input, guys. I was originally looking to do a league where RBs received .75, WRs 1, and TEs 1.25 PPR, but I wasn't able to find an online league that allowed me to adjust the PPR for individual positions. Right now my league is on ESPN but if there's a more customizable site out there I'm sure they wouldn't mind making the switch. Anybody know of one?

MFL aka My Fantasy League

Fleaflicker.

MFL aka My Fantasy League

Agreed. MFL is 100% customizable. And there customer service is beyond top notch.

While I have not personally used it, I also hear good things about rtsports.

Personally, I prefer 0.5 PPR because it rewards the players that catch some passes but maybe don't put up large yardage/TD totals ... and at the same time, does not "devalue" yardage and/or TDs as much as a full 1 PPR (or more) might.

One of the benefits to going with PPR scoring (whatever the PPR format) is that it helps give some fantasy relevance to players that (in larger leagues especially) may otherwise be marginal at best for ever being considered worthy of being on any FF roster during a given year ... players such as K. Faulk or "whomever the JAX WR2 of the week is" or RB Richie Anderson a few seasons back come to mind ... in PPR scoring, these types of players are perhaps worth a waiver wire pickup & spot start if you run into injury / bye week problems, and they will likely get you at least a few FF points for the day, which is always better than a goose egg at a given position ... so I like the flexibility that PPR helps to offer.

Edited by ts

Personally, I prefer 0.5 PPR because it rewards the players that catch some passes but maybe don't put up large yardage/TD totals ... and at the same time, does not "devalue" yardage and/or TDs as much as a full 1 PPR (or more) might.

One of the benefits to going with PPR scoring (whatever the PPR format) is that it helps give some fantasy relevance to players that (in larger leagues especially) may otherwise be marginal at best for ever being considered worthy of being on any FF roster during a given year ... players such as K. Faulk or "whomever the JAX WR2 of the week is" or RB Richie Anderson a few seasons back come to mind ... in PPR scoring, these types of players are perhaps worth a waiver wire pickup & spot start if you run into injury / bye week problems, and they will likely get you at least a few FF points for the day, which is always better than a goose egg at a given position ... so I like the flexibility that PPR helps to offer.

Well said :wacko: I agree totally.